• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Alanok

1. Alanok

75k service due

I was quoted £350 for the full monty by Springfield Newcastle. Had to remind them I my car was only in for the 62500 mile service. I think next year i'll buy the plugs and either fit them myself or get a locl garage to fit them.
  2. Alanok

Engine bay cleaning

Never understood the need to clean the engine bay. Do many people do it?
  3. Alanok

Does £270 for the 50k service sound resonable?

I got quoted £225 for a full service, £200 without the airfilter change.
  4. Alanok

Swapping 4 tyres including balancing...

I pay £7.50 a tyre to get fitted, balanced and disposed of.
  5. Alanok

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

I was charged £165 without an air filter change and replacing all wipers. Free courtesy car and valet. Springfield Sunderland are v good.
  6. Alanok

topgear backbox rattles

It will most probably be a loose baffle in the back bow. I real bitch to fix and most possibly you will need a new back box.
  7. Alanok

DC2 DB8 DC5 4 Door Integra

cheers bud. I have found out that indeed they have different chassis. Its a DB6 chassis. Quite an expensive exercise considering how few 4-drs they sold.
  8. Alanok

Honda front pad prices??

On average its about £90 at a dealer to supply and fit. I bought some from Alan Day on Ebay for £35 and got a local garage to fit them for £20.
  9. Alanok

DC2 DB8 DC5 4 Door Integra

Does the 4 door DC2 integra have the same wheelbase as the DC2 Type-R? It definitely has a different roofline but is it based on the same chassis. The shape is deceptive. And does a front/rear bumper from the 4 door fit a coupe?
  10. Alanok

Noticed small spots of tar on the car, how to get rid?

Deintely recommend Meguires Clay Bar and Quik Detailer which even got some spray paint off my car.
  11. Alanok

Yokohama Parada Spec 2 - £70 fitted

What size do you need? I will see him tomorrow.
  12. Alanok

Tein S Tech Springs

Get the Eibach SPC adjusters. These for the Tein springs you micked from under my nose:D
  13. Alanok

Size Variation.

The only size I would recommend on the OEM wheels without throwing off the speedo or fouling the wheelarch is 215x40R17.
  14. Alanok

Yokohama Parada Spec 2 - £70 fitted

But as said before I don't think they deliver. If you want to know for definite give them a ring. If I had time I could buy them and forward them on but I really don't have the time (please read 'can't be arsed') :lol: But I am real busy atm plus the price and delivery.fitting on top might be...
  15. Alanok

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

Just in case anybody in the North East wants these tyres I got four Yoko Parada Spec 2 fitted for £66.50 at Tyrespot in Darlington. Now I know the guy who works there so I got them at a special price but he said if anybody else wanted then he can do them for about £70 each fitted...
Back