• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Another_James

1. A

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

One of mine has started on my 2019. It’s in for a service in a couple of weeks and the dealer has said they will put a claim in for me but I’m not holding my breath.
  2. A

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

Is that accurate? I thought they’d been fitted with a GPF for a while now. I dunno how you can make the stock exhaust any quieter!
  3. A

“Driving Hero” Chris Harris also said that nobody who was old enough to buy a FK8 Type R would because it looks so terrible....
  4. A

My wife’s car has an alcantara wheel and it does indeed look a little dull and flat after a few months. But 2 mins scrubbing it with a micro fibre cloth with auto glym interior shampoo on and then again with plain water and it comes up good as new every time.
  5. A

FK8 FK8 test drive

I went from a 58 plate FN2 that I took from 16 to 70ish k to a new FK8 last year on a 19 plate so have a direct comparison. At first the FK8’s box was pretty tight and notchy but by 1k miles it had worn in beautifully. I’m at 7K now with a few track days and I’ve never had a crunch out of it...
  6. A

EP3 2020 grille

Anybody seen the price or part number for the revised front splitter?
  7. A

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

Do double check your pressures. When I had my tyre change recently they asked me what my preferences were and I told them (F36/R34) My TPMS kept going off so I checked and 3 had 44psi and one of the fronts had 35
  8. A

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

There has been some talk of porous condensers on 10G civics on FB definitely try the warranty angle. Has anybody ever regassed AC and not found a leak?
  9. A

FK8 Anyone know a stealer who stocks tyres?

I tried to get a set of MPS4S right before lockdown but nobody had stock in the OEM 245/30 and I didn’t want to size up. STS ordered me some Conti’s and to my surprise the CTR version with the lip turned up! They are coming off in a month for cup 2’s. Might be for sale if you need some more for...
  10. A

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

Sounds like 18’s are a no brainer then. I was thinking 9.5j wheel with 265’s but that’s probably overkill on an otherwise standard car. Will use these cups up and then get a set of 8.5j 18’s and 235 AR1s.
  11. A

Just ordered a set of Cup 2’s so I’ll see how they get on. Did you go for a 9.5J wheel and a 265 tyre Veehexx? Do let us know how you get on. Fan, TD’s have been running since the 1st. I have Donington booked on the 13th Jul.
  12. A

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

I’ve ordered a set for when my originals need replacing. I can’t see why they won’t be better than the old drilled one piece discs on track. No holes for cracks to develop between and a floating disc should in theory be harder to warp as the rotor is free to expand independently from the bell...
  13. A

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Tegiwa have stock of the 2020 floating discs again, £282 https://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/fk8/brakes/genuine-honda-2-piece-floating-front-brake-discs-civic-type-r-fk8.html
  14. A

Oh yeah for sure. Mines never been looked at so could do with it anyway. Don’t think you can get much more than another 0.5 degrees or so but it’ll help.
  15. A

Yeah Mick R hit the nail on the head, it’s tyre cost and availability. I love the way the car drives on the 20’s but as far as I can tell the Cup 2 is the only track focused tire available in the standard 245/30 size. GT3 on here had them roll over which isn’t ideal at £1k a set. Saying that...
Back