• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Anth1992

1. Anth1992

EP3 Do i need to change the timing chain ?

Hi Everyone, My car is now on 114k and having a look through the receipts and stuff last night just going over things that need doing in the upcoming months. I noticed that the Tensioner/Pulley receipts are there but cant seem to see anything about a new timing chain ? How would i go...
  2. Anth1992

Burning Smell EP3 2005 CTR

Update on this, It seems when last oil change was performed it dripped onto some underseal, therefore the burning smell, the underseal is getting cleaned and removed next few days and re-applied. Hoping this removes my anxiety of it being somthing major.
  3. Anth1992

Cheers Flashy, Ill get back to you guys once i have done all the above, Fingers crossed that sorts it, its just more of an annoyance of the smell when im near the bonnet more than anything.
  4. Anth1992

That I haven’t done , Any idea how to do that ? Yeah Jimbo seen them on H-Tune for around £50
  5. Anth1992

There seems to be numerous people who think its either one or the other, but i the best option for me is to replace the clutch and the input shaft bearing at he same time ?
  6. Anth1992

Im thinking it possibly could be, when i bought it the garage said they have had changed the clutch, they have been inside the clutch box for sure you can see the markings. But after only a couple month of this "New" clutch, the release bearing is ticking away when i release the pedal and...
  7. Anth1992

Morning Guys, I would say for the past couple of month now, i get this burning smell when i get out the car, its coming from underneath the bonnet, I dont even need to VTEC it for this to happen, but the car still pulls as it should no issues. I know i have a current issue with the clutch...
  8. Anth1992

clutch replacement :-(

Hey Lewis, any idea where i can genuine honda one cheap rate? Ive seen a few Exedy ones on Ebay, floating around £130 mark.
  9. Anth1992

Centre Hub Caps Missing

Don't think so mate, Drove home from work yesterday, VTEC'ed it a few times, Takes around 30 mins to get home. No braking difficulties on excessively hot wheels. My area sadly does seem to have a lot of Pot holes , is their a possibility the vibrations can be tapping them out?
  10. Anth1992

Centre Hub Caps Missing

Hi, Has anyone had any centre caps come off? The past 2 month i have had 2 caps come off the same alloy. I am starting to think that could be possibly someone removing them from the car, but i'm not seeing any signs of any scratches etc. I'm making a note to check the car now every time i...
  11. Anth1992

Video we shot for Dream Automotive!

Very Nice, Some really nice shots in that video. I feel that i would have liked to seen the car a bit more in the video. I did enjoy the distance shots of the Car but majority of the shots of the car were in the dark but if that was the effect the video was aiming for after Chapter 1 in the...
  12. Anth1992

EP3 Facelift alarm problem

Hi Alex, Anymore issues with the Alarm ?
  13. Anth1992

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

05 Plate Ep3 - 112k , Full service history, She's a little whippet !
  14. Anth1992

EP3 New to the type r crew

Welcome to the forum ! :) I'm not to sure if its your first performance car, but if it is would recommend before you start adding FRSU, Have some fun with the car Stock setup to get an experience of how the overall car feels. I had the same when i first bought mine wanted exactly the same. All...
  15. Anth1992

finding a decent EP3

I paid 5k for my facelift ep3 05 plate. Had 110k miles on the clock but came with aload of paper work and it was what it said it was, fantastic condition. Even though it had a few owners its been well looked after.
Back