• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by be11aml

1. B

FK8 FK8 Tyre - Screw Through Edge - Options

Update........ My hand was forced this morning, after I found the tyre pretty much flat. Managed to get enough air into it to crawl over to the fitters. Was planning to view the tyre that the local fitters had sourced, but decided to just bit the bullet and go with it. Lip is definitely...
  2. B

Good point about the TPMS. I was planning on getting just 1 new tyre. Currently only done 1500 miles and not too much wear. Another option is to get a part worn via eBay (local-ish) with 5 mm tread left. Was hoping to get the one with the he patch via hot vulcanising process and could put...
  3. B

This is an absolute nightmare! Managed to order a tyre at a local place, having assured it was the right one. Just called to confirm and now I’m told it has a different part number. Apparently FK8 has Continental part 03589470000, which is rated for up to 186 mph. Listed as 90Y, no brackets...
  4. B

I've had my FK8 since march and it's simply the most fun car I have ever had!! Unfortunately, this is my second puncture, both due to screws! Beginning to think i've upset someone :mad: First one was in the middle of the tyre and was a simple repair, but this one is right on the inside edge...
  5. B

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

I saw that one! Its about 200 mile away, although conveniently, it's where I grew up. Might be able to combine with a visit to the family
  6. B

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

Thanks everyone. I'm leaving that one well alone, bit gutted that I missed on a Polished Metal Grey one at Chiswick, while waiting to view the one at Motorpoint. I'll take my time
  7. B

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

Great advice all round. I'm no expert, but they must know what they have. It was fairly obvious. Only went for the test drive, as they are so much fun to drive! No record of accidents via HPI check. All seems very strange, but absolutely not taking any risks. Is there a list on the forum to...
  8. B

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

Hi, Just joined the forum, but I’ve visited quite a few times and picked up lots of great information.. This is a request for help, as I am about to buy my first CTR. I have wanted one since the EP3 days and nearly 20 years later, I’m loving the FK8 and finally have the means to buy one! I...
Back