• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by beankp60

1. beankp60

Civic type R FK2 ignition fuse

If its those big square ones (ive not seen a fuse box on a FK2) its pretty obvious when they go just by looking at them, or even a quick test with a meter. I've pulled a heap of them from scarp yard cars so ive got spares for all my cars. I once dropped a tool and it arced the battery terminals...
  2. beankp60

EP3 Replacing rear upper control arms and bushes?

These bushes look pretty poor also on the Gf's EP3 but I know its going to be a hub off job and either burn the bush out or press it out and press the new one in and I just cant be bothered tbh. So likely have to wait until the bushes completely poop their selves before she will do anything...
  3. beankp60

EP3 Radiator removal / change

pretty sure I left them on as one of my bolts was seized and I had to cut the plastic around the threaded washer to remove the bolt.
  4. beankp60

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Great progress, the cars too clean for a track car! good work on the rust prevention.
  5. beankp60

EP3 Radiator removal / change

I replaced the one of the GF's EP3 about a month ago. I got an OEM one and it looked identical to the Honda one. You need to remove the front bumper - clips on the undertray, screws under the arch's then the top rad mounts can be accessed. unscrew the drain plug and drain into a container...
  6. beankp60

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

The clutches go stiffer on the pedal the more worn they are, if its stiff get a new genuine Honda one fitted.
  7. beankp60

Fuel filter change

are the fuel filters at the tank end on these cars? ive never done a fuel filter change on a ep3.
  8. beankp60

Exhaust Manifold Replacement EP3

What condition are the bolts to the cat? they just disintegrate on these cars and chances are they will need cut off. So Get some new bolts bought ready for when you or the garage do the job.
  9. beankp60

20k miles on a clutch reasonable?

a genuine Honda Clutch can last over 100K miles no bother.
  10. beankp60

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Girlfriend's 2004 EP3 is on just about 150K now.
  11. beankp60

20k miles on a clutch reasonable?

ive seen a genuine Honda clutch do over 90k in a s2000 that was 400- 440bhp depending on the pulley used on the charger. Ive always used genuine clutches ever since.
  12. beankp60

FN2 Snapped Driveshaft... Replacements?

its a round rubber thing attached on the middle of the drive shaft. my brothers ep2 did the same thing. we replaced it with a J&R shaft. I've also got a spare set of new J&R shafts for my dc2, just incase as they were very cheap.
  13. beankp60

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Only being honest here but those cage mounts want cut out and get someone else to reweld it, it looks shocking that welding. Looks far too cold, doesn't look like any of the paint was removed prior to the welding taking place. Bits of filler wire sticking...
  14. beankp60

EP3 droplinks, preferred manufacturers?

Blue print adl, borg and beck are also decent brands of pattern parts. edit and moog are decent.
  15. beankp60

Removing rear subframe bar in engine bay behind engine

If you haven't got a good sized compressor and are looking at battery ones I can recommend the Ingersol rand 1/2" battery guns. I've had mine must be about 4-5 years now and its a beast. I can only remember seized s2000 front subframe bolts it couldn't get out and they were well in there! I've...
Back