• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Beefman147

1. B

Replacing rear suspension advice needed- Coilovers to Standard Shocks/Lowering Spring

Coilovers came out no problem and I didn't fit them so I am not sure if they were originally from an EP3. Forgive me if i'm being stupid but where would this be located? Do you mean there may be something fitted on the underside of the boot floor where the shock bolts in?
  2. B

Replacing rear suspension advice needed- Coilovers to Standard Shocks/Lowering Spring

Hi, I am wanting a bit of advice on how to tackle the above job on my DC5. I started this last night and will be attempting to finish it in the next day or so. I have completely removed my Buddyclub coilovers and am replacing them with a set of standard shocks/lowering springs. The issue I...
  3. B

Rear top mount issue?

OK thanks. This could be a silly question, but is it possible to switch the shock from my buddyclub coilover for a standard one if it did turn out to be te fault? Can't seem to source a replacement buddyclub one.
  4. B

Rear top mount issue?

Hi guys, I am having trouble tracking down the source of a knock from the rear end of my DC5. It is coming from driver side rear. I have inspected underneath the car and all the usual suspects seem to look in decent order and my exhaust is well secured. My next suspect would be either the...
  5. B

DC5 Intermittent lumpy running issue

PROBLEM SORTED! It was the exhaust causing the problem. Turned out to be blowing in 3 different places. The fellas work was top knotch in sorting it out and it left the shop sounding like a different motor all together. I know it was the exhaust as the car was spluttering and cutting out the...
  6. B

Just wanting to check.....when setting/checking the TPS values tomorrow after having the exhaust fixed, what is the best procedure? I have previously set the car to 0.5v Idle which in turn gave a WOT value of 4.6/4.7....is this ok? I was reading elsewhere that it is possible to get it exact by...
  7. B

Thanks for the advice men. I guess that makes sense, just hoping it is driving OK to make the trip to the exhaust fabricators tomorrow. Will report back tomorrow afternoon with positive news hopefully.
  8. B

I have it booked in for tomorrow to leave the car at a local reputable exhaust place. He said he can fix it while I take a run in to the shops for a bit, so that will be sorted. I am going to set the TPS to the correct setting tonight or as close as I can get to it to rule that out. Can someone...
  9. B

Hello. I changed the gearbox oil in my DC5 last night and I can only assume it is purely coincidence that as soon as letting the car off the ramp and starting it, it was running lumpy and struggling to idle. I did have a similar issue before this when I had an S90 TB on the car but ever since...
  10. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

Ended up getting vice grips on the culprit and got it loose that way so didn't need to drill in the end. I've something similar to do next week myself. Bought some type 2 coolant and will be draining the system then replacing the top coolant hose which is slightly split at the same time will...
  11. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

PROBLEM SORTED! Feel a bit silly but the issue was the IACV sticking. The video guide I watched showing how to clean it gave no mention to removing the sensor and cleaning there as well as making sure the cylinder rotates freely. Turned out it wouldnt rotate at all despite looking clean. After...
  12. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

Thanks Nick. Thats what I am going to do. I will refit the TB as it was with the IACV. Check all hoses after the throttle body again. I did see in a thread that someones idle was hunting due to a coolant leak (low level) and I noticed my top hose had a minor split with a bit of coolant leaking...
  13. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

Sorry Nick yes I did try that. Im now left in a position where.... A) I attach the TB with IACV not blanked and the revs hunt between 1500-2500 B) I blank off the IACV like it was on the S90 by the previous owner and the idle is around 500 and trying to stall until it warms up a little bit. I'm...
  14. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

Got the IACV off and it was fairly gunked up put it back on spotless and still having the same issue. Going to switch the sensors on the IACVs while its on the car and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesnt, my last option is to re use the s90 IACV amd sensor along with blanking plate...
  15. B

S90 76MM TB Issues?

I pulled the TB back off. Only took a few minutes. Of course as I suspected....the bolts have rung holding the IACV in place. I want to do it right so going to drill the bolts out and use the 2 bolts from the S90 TB which came off effortlessly of course! Im assuming since these are so tight...
Back