• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Beillynoy

1. Beillynoy

FK8 Someone will get a bargain this week...

Good advice. But we all know that owning the latest Type R helps develop a tough skin / selective deafness so it won’t be a problem. In any event, by the time they’ve got as far as “it looks like a ten”, I’ll already be doing 60mph and laughing at the poor Dino-juice driver comparing my car to...
  2. Beillynoy

Haha. It is indeed a Tesla Model 3. Full fat, none of that eco-warrior nonsense. (Is it possible to be dead to you twice in one day?) :-)
  3. Beillynoy

Yep. I fall into the CBA group - provided it’s a sensible enough price. Price was similar to Honda garage and, I’m pleased to say, I got more than you were offered despite age difference on the cars - sheesh your WBAC quote was scary! Anyway, I wish the new owner of chassis 12513 all the best...
  4. Beillynoy

I sold my car to WBAC at the weekend. It was a decent price, but no extra value was given for the fact it has a 5yr warranty and 5yr service plan, nor was any extra value given for the £2500 of PPF and ceramic protection installed from new. This isn't a complaint about WBAC - the price was...
  5. Beillynoy

FK8 Winter tyres

I agree 100% with @MattFK8. The above mail should be required reading on any discussion re winter tyres.
  6. Beillynoy

FK8 Winter tyres

No probs. I have 19" FK2 wheels, fitted with the 19" version of the conti winter tyres you referred to above. The FK2 wheels fit an FK8, providing adequate clearance for the FK8s brakes. In fact, I seem to recall these exact wheels were listed in the original FK8 accessories brochure for...
  7. Beillynoy

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

FWIW, I'm using the new Android Auto (beta?) It's miles better than previous version and, although this might be my imagination, I'm convinced the screen appears to be more responsive when using it. I suggest you give it a try. N.
  8. Beillynoy

FK8 Winter tyres

Hello again. That's the winters I'm using on my FK8, but on 19" FK2 wheels. They're good tyres. Each to their own re wheel size, but ever since I discovered it was the same price for wheels & tyres by coming down a size (on my Saab Turbo X many years ago) versus trying to find just winter...
  9. Beillynoy

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

Now that's not something you hear from the fairer sex very often!
  10. Beillynoy

FK8 Buzz / Rattle at 2000RPM?

I guess no-one has traced the source / found a solution yet?
  11. Beillynoy

I'll have a careful listen around the speaker next time I'm out. Thanks.
  12. Beillynoy

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on.
  13. Beillynoy

Have noticed a strange buzzy noise at 2000RPM. No noise under 2k, and it stops just beyond 2k. It sounds like a high frequency rattle and is unbelievably difficult to locate. It is "definitely" driver side but sometimes sounds like it's coming from B pillar beside seatbelt and other times the...
  14. Beillynoy

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Of course, as noted by adymi16, a better option would be to go to a trustworthy dealer but, depending on where you're based, I recognise that might not be an option.
  15. Beillynoy

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

FWIW... I believe you have every right to retain any parts (incl tyres) removed from your car during a service. If you let the garage know that you intend to do this you're less likely to encounter shenanigans like the tyre chord noted above.
Back