• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by BOOSTFAN

1. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

The really sensible option is to move to 18" rims & 45 series tyres. I have never had a puncture or damaged wheel in 4.5 years & 31,000 miles. The tyres are much cheaper too.
  2. BOOSTFAN

Type R FK8 All Season Tyres

Been running 18' wheels & Michelin PS4 on my FK8 from the word go for over 4 years, best decision Ive ever made.
  3. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Fuel pump recall

We never received a recall letter on our 2019 car. After travelling back from holiday on Thursday the car went into limp mode on a really busy roundabout 1 mile from home at 3.30pm. AA arrived within 30 minutes but couldn't get it on his van (no tow hook!) So had to wait until 7.30pm for a...
  4. BOOSTFAN

Other FL5 - options to choose?

I meant no offence, lots of FK8 people would have loved to have updated to the FL5, but are not prepared to be ripped off.
  5. BOOSTFAN

FK8 CarPlay Dongle.

Up until a few weeks ago I didn't even realise you could buy a Dongle to plug into your car so you can have wireless CarPlay! So I treat myself to an I-Phone CarlinKit 3.0 from Amazon (£67) So happy with it, connects in seconds, just leave my Phone in my pocket, no more fiddling about...
  6. BOOSTFAN

Other FL5 - options to choose?

The best option is not to buy one, like most people I am sticking with my FK8.
  7. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Got my pre-deposit back from Honda. Test drove the GR86 last week, what a cracking little sports car! Will be trading in the MX5 when mine arrives in Spring. Keeping the FK8.
  8. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Just asked for my pre-deposit back. I was in at just under 40k but at this price we will keep the FK8.
  9. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Traded for what? FL5 price supposed to be announced tomorrow.
  10. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

3 years & 20000 miles & never had an issue. (car is garaged!)
  11. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I spoke to my Dealer yesterday & they were confident it would be £42k. "fifty-something" is madness! In other markets its around 5-6k more than the FK8 was. If that logic was applied here it should creep in just under £40k. I promised myself if was any more I would keep the FK8 ? If Harris loves...
  12. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

There are over a hundred GR86 that have been shipped & have been sat in Derby since early Summer. Something to do with the Brakes & ECU programming. These are the people who got their orders in very early. My order was confirmed @ 10.36 & hasn't gone into build yet. IF I can secure a FL5 for...
  13. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

My Pre-deposit is with Riverside Honda Wakefield. They have called a couple of times just to say they still have no info on price or availability! I also have a deposit on a GR86, I really hope Honda don't go online as Toyota have been a complete shit-show. More than a hundred cars have been sat...
  14. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I didn't know there were any in the UK? Like many I have a £500 deposit on one, apparently 4th in line at my local dealer. The price in the US is around $44k, usually its around the same in £ when it gets here. Some people in the US are paying north of $72, 000 for one!!
  15. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Almost the same as my car, including colour & mileage, did you have the 5 year Warranty, Servicing & Breakdown?
Back