• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by brightside

1. brightside

Engine Startup Misfire?

Hey guys, My DC5R has recently been engine swapped with a k20a2 (stock engine). And recently it's been starting up a little bit rough. It takes a bit longer to crank up and start the car after it's been sitting for 30 mins+ and worse on a cold start. Symptoms: - Longer to crank - The...
  2. brightside

Clutch Master Cylinder Broke AGAIN

Hey cheers man. I went to my local mechanic, they confirmed it was the CMC, brake fluid was squirting out from it. Thankfully the shop that installed it are willing to pay for a new one. Now I only need to pay for labour. Not so bad.
  3. brightside

This is the clutch that was installed roughly a year ago by the previous owner: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exedy-Sports-Tuff-HD-Clutch-Kit-HCK-7369HD-/162065628758 Question, is it common for EP3s that have uprated clutches installed to have their OEM CMCs break?
  4. brightside

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't know. I took it to a garage (far from home) to get it fixed the first time it broke, and didn't bother to ask what they put in. My bad, I'm new to Hondas and cars and general. So next time, I'm going to make sure I know exactly whats being put in my...
  5. brightside

Hey, guys so my CMC in my EP3 just went out again after having replaced it around 6 months ago. I do have an after market exedy clutch and a lightened flywheel which was installed by the previous owner around a year ago. So basically the CMC has blown twice within a year. So my options...
  6. brightside

EP3 Alternator on eBay

Have any of you guys bought this alternator (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-Civic-TypeR-MK7-2001-2005-2-0-Type-R-PETROL-EP3-K20A2-BRAND-NEW-ALTERNATOR/153199018247?hash=item23ab5f8107:g:Nx0AAOSw9A5bruhg)? I believe this will fit my 2002 JDM EP3 as it lists the OE part number that I...
  7. brightside

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

Depends on your offset I guess, If you get wider tires you'd want a lower offset to compensate for the extra half an inch. The lower the offset the more it would poke out. If you like the stock look, then you'd get wheels with 17 x 7.5 +~38. Check out willtheyfit.com, you can play around with...
  8. brightside

Vibrations When Using Accessories

Update: my alternator is apparently no good. Will need to get it replaced soon.
  9. brightside

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Update: The rear engine mount was shot. Got it replaced and the noise is gone. :D
  10. brightside

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Hey guys my EP3 started getting a weird noise on the way home from a 600 km roadtrip. The next morning when I first started the car up, I heard a loud-ish bang which resonated throughout the whole cabin, and that was the first time it's ever happened. However it's been starting up normally...
  11. brightside

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

It's all preference and what you are willing to pay for. Black, white and bronze would look good with red I reckon. RPF1s, Grids/TE37, Fighters/CE28, BBS style rims like Avid1AV12...any reputable brands. Doesn't matter if they're "rep" or "genuine" wheels.
  12. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

What intake do you currently have? Yeah most, if not all, EPs here in Aus are JDM and a lot of them are in cwhite, so the nhbp EPs are quite rare. But over there in the UK it'd be the complete opposite. Although, I do like the cosmic grey I reckon that looks so good.
  13. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

That's good news man, CMC replacement can be quite expensive. And yeah a new rad is always good and a cold intake may also help with the heat. Planning on doing them myself in the future. Coilovers would be the next sensible makes the car handle and look a lot better :smt023
  14. brightside

Vibrations When Using Accessories

Hey guys, I have noticed something odd with my EP3. It seems to be nothing major but I'll share it anyway. Maybe someone has had the same problem and has fixed it. I'm not sure if this is normal but my EP3 has rhythmic vibrations ONLY ON IDLE when using certain accessories listed below: (All...
  15. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

1) Stock or after market doesn't really matter. Get them brand new and they'll last a very long time. 2) My OEM CMC broke after 17 years. Personally I'd get a brand new one, just for the piece mind. Have a look at the K-tuned CMC and slave kits or visit your local auto shop and see if they...
Back