• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by cam87

1. C

fk2 flywheel

hi guys, im wondering if its worth changing the dual mass flywheel in my car to a single mass from the fk8? i read on a car throttle page that their was around 7kg difference which i can imagine makes the engine alot happier thanks
  2. C

EP3 255 TYRES OVER 235

Hi guys, i have read about people changing tyres for rim protection etc but i've not seen anyone mention if there is any added grip from doing this? i know on my dc5 it increased comfort and will no doubt do the same on my fk2 but is there any traction benefit from doing this? i know upping...
  3. C

engine mounts

Hi guys I am currently chasing what sounds like a top mount issue on my ep3. I have changed ALL parts of my front suspension inc new genuine hubs and shocks apart from Lca bushes as it needed a revamp. it still has a noise whilst driving though :( It doesn't matter if it is in gear/out of gear...
  4. C

whirring noise

Ok i have changed the drive shaft bearing and the noise seems to have died down a lot more. I still have what sounds like a wheel bearing noise on certain roads though. I have done a lot of google searches on this and cannot find much apart from problems relating to the gearbox and when the...
  5. C

whirring noise

I think I have found the fault. I think it's the drive shaft bearing making the noise as I ran the dare with the front wheels of the ground and the bearing seems noisy. Has anyone changed these before?
  6. C

whirring noise

hi guys, i have a whirring noise similar to a wheel bearing on its way out and wondered if anyone could maybe shed some light on it to the possible cause. i have had and done the following- changed front ball joints with new genuine knuckles and FAG bearing so i know its not that. skunk2 2...
  7. C

front wheel play

The suspension is standard by the way
  8. C

front wheel play

hi thanks for the reply. I have done both wheel bearings now and both have slight play. I know the drive shaft nuts are tight and so are the ball joint nuts, everything I have taken off is definitely tight. The play is occurs when my hands rock the wheel at a 7 o'clock and 2 o'clock position. I...
  9. C

front wheel play

hi guys I have just changed my nearside front wheel bearing for a new one due to finding play in the offside one and thought I would do both at the same time. I have now fitted the 1st one and i appear to have play in the wheel when before I didn't. The bearing is a skf one not OE. any...
  10. C

ep3 premier edition seats

hi guys, I am sorry if this has been covered before but I performed a search but I couldn't find anything. I want to buy a set of seat covers off ebay and just wanted to know if the premier seats had airbags? I know I have an airbag light that goes off after 5secs or so on the dash but cant see...
  11. C

dipstick

Hi guys. Just a quick question. The dipstick on my ep3 seems a little stiff when removing it to check the oil. Even more so when it's hot. I can see that it has two o rings on it and assume it due to expansion of these. Has anyone else noticed this? Possibly due to the high compression ratio to...
  12. C

wheel nut covers

hi guys, I have been looking for a set for wheel nut covers in either red or black. I have done a search but I couldn't find anything. I have found some tpi ones but don't know if they will fit both oem nuts and locking nuts. I have looked into wheel bolts but I have read a few stories about...
  13. C

do i really need camber arms

thank you for the reply hazz. i have just fitted some goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 tyres to the front yesterday and even though they are new the difference can be seen. when i bought the car it had michelin exalto's on the front and evergreen eu72 on the rear, so i have put the michelins on...
  14. C

do i really need camber arms

thanks for the replies no im not trying to do the fast FRSU on the cheap. i believe you get what you pay for and i ways go for the most expensive parts i can afford. i just found conflicting information when i did the search and thought if the car wasn't lowered then i may not need them. does...
Back