• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by ChrisEP3

1. ChrisEP3

CUSCO paint code

Arden blue looks a bit lighter than the ARBs colour Europa Blue is another astra colour which may be closer (My other car)
  2. ChrisEP3

Bang when changing gear

See I replaced mine and fitted the inserts But people said I could have just fitted the inserts and not worried
  3. ChrisEP3

Bang when changing gear

Mine made that noise when front lower engine mount had failed Jack the car up and slide under, you should see a metal block with a rubber core If it looks like that you need to replace it Or fit energy suspension inserts to fill the gaps Either way you need it on ramps and subframe...
  4. ChrisEP3

Weight saving, stripping, reduction

I've helped strip down my mates time attack car Took literally everything out, from headlining down. The carpet with sound deadening weighed a surprising amount We even made a start on shaving the main wiring loom, no point in wires and plugs for airbags, heated seats etc
  5. ChrisEP3

Steering Feels Like Treacle

Sounds like speed sensitive steering If you turn to sharp at speed it will equal bad times, heavier steering the faster you go to help ease you into a bend
  6. ChrisEP3

Emulsion Paint Removal Advice

That was just have the roof too The rest of the car was reasonable pickup on the bar I was pretty shocked when i saw it mind!
  7. ChrisEP3

I was told you can break clips being gentle, I tried gentle and it didn't budge Imagine your on a rowing machine at the gym, gets it off easily I didn't break one clip
  8. ChrisEP3

Two clips underneath, two screws in front arch, slide towards front of the car It's pretty tight due to having around 12 clips I put foot in alloy and slowly upped the force I was pulling til they popped When refitting turn the poppers 45 degrees and they will come out of the body Square...
  9. ChrisEP3

Headlight Issue.

Yeah ive heard that too, its just polish for your teeth at the end of the day
  10. ChrisEP3

I forgot to update this I spent majority of that weekend getting the paint off, turns out it was masonry paint good for 15years out doors It was a royal pain in the ass to remove Started by removing the sideskirt to get better access Front was 4mm thick :shock: Few hours with white...
  11. ChrisEP3

Torn between a Spoon N1 replica vs un-silenced B pipe ..

That's perfect distance It's not a massive amount needed to bend them in Just can cause a tapping noise if its too close when it hits bumper
  12. ChrisEP3

If its anything like the Jperformance one it will need the hangars bending inwards a bit to push the tip away from the bumper
  13. ChrisEP3

The unsilenced one was a good laugh and sounded like a race car above 4krpm But I was getting all the attention with it fitted Silenced one would be a good balance Get a video of the axle back n1 when it's fitted
  14. ChrisEP3

Think they use to be known as Toyosports as my mates RX8 has a full system off them
  15. ChrisEP3

Unsilenced centre oem backbox has a fairly raspy note N1 and unsilenced is LOUD N1 and silenced is loudish Never heard an N1 and oem centre in real life
Back