• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by civic2fast4u

1. C

Detailing....

pro detailer it is then, that would be excellent mate, keep in touch and let me know whats what. Do you detail all sorts of cars or do you tend to do higher end stuff? id love to be a pro detailer, i know its a lot harder than it looks and im sure you can make a pretty decent living out of it...
  2. C

Detailing....

i take it your a proffesional valeter then? Im in cheshire mate, a town called macclefield. I need to get some more devil shine, i dont normally dilute it as its so cheap, think i pay about £8 for a big bottle of it. Any discounts on any products would be excellent mate if you can manage it.
  3. C

Detailing....

Thanks very much mate, Im not fortunate enough to have a machine so everything is done by hand (good for the arms though). I use the 2 bucket method and just use a normal karcher power hose. Can i get a snow foam attachment for it do you think, or do i fill the small reservoirs attached to it...
  4. C

Detailing....

thanks very much for all your advice. I really wish i had a car port to avoid washing it in the sun as obviously thats when most people want to do it. I use the demon shine alot and for the money its brilliant, if i cant be bothered to do a full polish and wax just whip out the old demon shine...
  5. C

Detailing....

i will get the bilt hamber next time, i think they have that on ebay too. I will also look into the duragloss stuff too. How often should i be claying and waxing?
  6. C

Detailing....

thanks joe, thats alot of washing! im going to flood the driveway! just need some nice weather now.
  7. C

Detailing....

thanks mate, dont get sacked on my account. I have heard good things about the bilberry stuff i may have to order some off ebay, i think it was about a tenner. I have been using a microfibre mitt up untill now when washing my car. No matter what i do im always left with the 'water spot' marks...
  8. C

Detailing....

Hi mate, i recently blew a fair wedge buying a load of megs products, from the clay detailing kit and metal polish to the carnauba wax and tyre gel. So far i have been really impressed with the results of each one although i thought the metal polish was pretty crap. Anyway, a couple of questions...
  9. C

Interior plastic paint colour

yeah im tempted to go silver too. I know its a little off the subject but just had my wheels refurbed and done in back, sanded my centre caps down and sprayed them, then i put new "H" badges on then lacquered them. made a massive difference and protects them well. Is the shade of silver you went...
  10. C

i think it will look pretty smart, im pretty tempted to do mine gloss black. Is it pretty easy to remove the dash etc? Definatley lacquer them mate, it will give it a much better finish and wil protect it from getting scratched etc.
  11. C

looks pretty smart mate, id definatley lacquer them though, you can get a can off ebay for 3 or 4 quid.
  12. C

The CF stuff looks cool, just dont trust myself to do it, think i wil make a right balls up of it. Cant really justify spending £60 on getting someone else to do it either.
  13. C

Valve Clearance questions

£66 seems pretty reasonable, Should i be having a "big" service around the 100k mark anyway? I might just bring my car up to you, im only in macclesfield
  14. C

the car has done 95k now, i believe 2 previous owners have been on this site and a few guys recognise the car. It seems to have been really well looked after and wanted for nothing but i dont like taking chances with cars. I may aswell get it booked in at the garage and have everything checked...
  15. C

hmmm i havent had my car long and dont recall seeing a reciept for it, might get it done soon as its sounds a little tappity now
Back