• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by colinrc

1. C

Increased fuel consumption compared to earlier EP3

I normally get 32mpg fairly consistently. However in January when the temperature fell suddenly it dropped to 26. Exactly the same thing happened last year. So maybe the air temperature is having an effect? The only think I can think in my situation is I do a 10 mile trip to work every day and...
  2. C

Hondas-on-Track

I just tried to take a look but I'm not a member and registration is currently disabled.
  3. C

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Nice pics. Were you on track at the same time as the civic cup car? Was it crazy quick?
  4. C

Hondas-on-Track

Is HOT still going? Just looked at website but doesn't look like its been updated for 2016 yet.
  5. C

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Hey josh sparkes, I can see its been a while since you posted this thread. Did you do a track day in the EP3 or decide to go for a second car?
  6. C

Thinking of doing a track day

Hey Marcjones, did you do a track day in your EP3. How did your un-modified EP3 hold up on the track?
  7. C

Rules on Thread titles

I think this every I look at the forum. +1 from me for this suggestion. I guess this is really a plea for forum users to give their threads accurate titles rather than a need for moderator action.
  8. C

Car failed MOT on suspension, but there was no visible issue?

Yea it was a year ago, I did inspect them while they were on the car. I didn't ask to keep them once they were changed as all I could do was visually inspect them some more, then I would have to get rid of them as well. I will just put this down as a learning experience (that cost me hundreds...
  9. C

Thanks for all your replies. 1. They replaced the front struts. It made no difference to the way the car drove. I know for sure they replaced them as I marked the originals, but when the work was done they were obviously new. 2. If an internal seal had gone, then sure the shock absorber...
  10. C

That's how I roll. This was a Honda dealer and the man on the desk just kept repeating what was on his piece of paper. Does anybody know what the actual tests are on the suspension during the MOT to ascertain the suspension is still working correctly? Honda didn't accept me bouncing on my car...
  11. C

They said there was no resistance under pressure from the suspension. When I asked more questions they just kept saying its failed.
  12. C

OK now bear with me. Last year my car failed its MOT on suspension. They said the front was dangerous and rear they could pass but I certainly shouldn’t wait till my next MOT to get it fixed. They said it would cost about £1200 to get it all fixed. I told them where to go. However I then...
  13. C

Clutch Problems

Just to add my (probably useless) perspective. If I bought a car from Honda and it needed a new clutch/gearbox within one month I would not be happy and Honda would definitely know I wasn’t happy. From what you have posted, I think all of your repairs should be carried out free of charge. I...
  14. C

EP3 First car - EP3

I agree the other replies you have got. While I was at uni one of the rich kids got a fiesta Si and to us that was like a super car. The car wasn’t treated with any kind of respect. My advice would be, get the cheapest car you can find that isn’t pink and go with that. Another point I just...
  15. C

Civic failed its mot today :(

I was a bit confused as in your first post it sounded like you had already told them to do the work as you said "im not too bothered as there cheap fixes and it will be ready to collect passed tomorrow or saturday morning" If you didn't tell them to do the work you definitely don't need to pay...
Back