• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by DaveF1

1. DaveF1

FK2 Factory Alloys - Alu or Mag and the myths

Does anybody know a place in the north west area (I'm based in Chester) who can safely refurbish OEM fk2 wheels? Mine aren't that bad but the odd scuff on 3 out of the 4 wheels that I have touched up is annoying, plus Honda's paint job is very poor. Normally I would take to the wheel...
  2. DaveF1

FK8 Deposit down!

Lots of reviews slating the way the fk8 type R looks. I think it looks really good. Visually it has that same hard core presence of the FK2 which i loved. Sounds like a great car Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  3. DaveF1

FK2 Why we'll miss the FK2 Type R - TOP GEAR

Yeah agreed. Nice article that, it encapsulates exactly what the civic is about and why i love to drive it so much. Also shows how rare the fk2 type R will be in a few years Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  4. DaveF1

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I quite like it. Love the fact it has a comfort mode as my FK2 is a bit to hardcore for pottering about town. Will need to see it in the metal before i know for sure if i like it or not. I love my FK2 as i dont do a lot of miles in it. I have another car for the mundane stuff so the FK2 feels...
  5. DaveF1

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

My brakes squeaked a bit after 6 months. But just recently they squeak really bad. Just as bad as my old evo as it is really load. I give it a blast up a national speed limit road and braked hard 3 times when the road was clear. It cured it for the rest of the drive home but I'm sure it will be...
  6. DaveF1

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

I use my fk2 as a special car to drive on my days off and for occasional use a d I love it. What I can say is for fun driving on twisty country roads it's really good. Plenty quick and very grippy. The harder you drive it the better it gets. It always has that 'sense of occasion' feeling to...
  7. DaveF1

FK2 Is this a special edition fk2 type R?

Seen this on fb. Is this a special edition?? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  8. DaveF1

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Strange colour. Described as polished metal. Must be a wrap... Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  9. DaveF1

FK2 Intersting test CTR vs Rs

Oh no my 3 cousins are RS mad they love their ford's and evo's. I was very tempted by the mk3 RS myself. What it shown me was that I bought the right car for me. Very happy with my decision. Type R looks better and goes better too. One of my cousins drove my car and loved it. He said he feels...
  10. DaveF1

My Type-R #3 - Milano FN2

I love this car. Looks brilliant imo. Good find Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  11. DaveF1

Interestingly the type r performance is identical to a revo stage 3 mk2 focus RS running 390 bhp. There is no denying the fact the RS revo 3 has more grunt but the type R just deploys it's power more consistently and efficiently and uses all of what it has. The focus looked a battle to drive but...
  12. DaveF1

I revved up a new mk3 RS the other day. Sounded good but nowhere near as loud as I thought. Only pops in sport and track mode when you lift off sharpish at beyond 4.5 - 5.5k revs. Quite a fake synthesised sound but nice non the less. I can also confirm that in the real world from a rolling...
  13. DaveF1

Yes just have 1 on each rear quarter. But front bumper lip has loads. I look after my car and I hate stuff like this. Think a lot of them were caused following the blue mk2 RS on the motorway a few days ago. Really annoying. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  14. DaveF1

Gave my car a good clean the other day as was going to meet my cousins in their RS's. Noticed that the front bumper and bonnet have lots of paint chips already. Only done 4k miles. Anyone else noticed this? Paint seems super thin Some pics from the day; Sent from my SM-G928F using...
  15. DaveF1

FK2 Pipercross Panel Filter

Haha yeah but does not hurt to plan ahead and get everything now [emoji1] When I went 2 months ago they had loads in stock and fitted it for free. Ring them and ask. Unless it's too far away then demons is OK too Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Back