• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by davidpingu

1. davidpingu

Modifications

The new sidelight bulb should be good for a 5bhp boost :p I can probably help you out with a ballpark figure with the caveat that there are multiple variables here. - The same model with the same mods will still have some variance - Different dyno’s will give numbers as much as 10 - 15bhp...
  2. davidpingu

Handbrake

TGM can’t be more than 90 minutes away from you. I used to do a 2 hour trip from South Wales to them for my DC5 to get work done. Honestly it’s worth it. Pay once, get the job done properly, enjoy ownership.
  3. davidpingu

Handbrake

Where are you based? My advice would be take it to someone that knows what they’re doing. If you’ve replaced everything, done everything then clearly the people doing the work don’t know what they’re doing. Someone like TDI, TGM (there are others) who know their way around these cars would...
  4. davidpingu

How much are these worth?!

Yep I think the limit I’ve seen someone go to on an FK8 is ET35 and that would be 18’s with rubber bands for tyres. The majority of FK8 owners wouldn’t go there though as it’s going to negatively affect the handling. BMW I think might generally be lower than 35? what about the Nissans? GTR...
  5. davidpingu

How much are these worth?!

I have no idea what those are. I would think a scan through the Rays website might point you in the right direction or if you email this pictures over to them they’ll tell you. Your problem is going to be offset and possibly PCD too. Pretty sure the offsets on the euro cars tend to be much lower...
  6. davidpingu

Back in a Type R

Doesn’t the FK2 have a dual mass flywheel which is a fair bit pricier than the flywheel in the FK8? I’m sure I read somewhere that the FK8 clutch went back to a simpler design meaning it’s also a bit cheaper? I might be wrong but it could be worth a check. I’m sure I remember someone on here...
  7. davidpingu

FK8 FK8 vs Cayman GTS on the ring

Yes I did think some of his squeezing by people was a bit naughty but chose to overlook this and enjoy the fact he managed to stay with the Porsche. Forget exactly where but I’m sure the Porsche did a proper 4 wheel twitch like it was about to swap ends when it was braking into one of the bends...
  8. davidpingu

FK8 FK8 vs Cayman GTS on the ring

One of the best track videos of an FK8 I’ve seen in a while. Had a scroll through the comments and this FK8 is stock other than lightweight wheels and Pilot Sport Cup2’s
  9. davidpingu

FK8 Fk8 current values

Great = Nostalgia a lot of the time. People’s memory of owning a certain car can often be better than it was. There was a good article on pistonheads I read yesterday that sort of touched in this. It was about the Vauxhall Nova. Honestly, they sucked. Yet so many people in my age bracket owned...
  10. davidpingu

FK8 Fk8 current values

I think the trick is to underprice the dealers but get more than WBAC. That’s the sweet spot IF you find a buyer who can finance it
  11. davidpingu

FK8 Fk8 current values

There is that yes but I also wouldn’t be surprised if demand picks up again in time. These vehicle shortages are set to continue for a while yet and it’s all well and good Honda saying there’s a 2022 model on the way but actually getting them in peoples hands is another thing completely. I’m in...
  12. davidpingu

FK8 Fk8 current values

Oh that’s down the road from me and where I bought mine from. Trying their luck a bit there! Got to be honest I’m very tempted to sell mine now. Not because I’m bored of it, I’ve barely had the opportunity to use it. It gets driven so little I know it’s the right thing to do financially...
  13. davidpingu

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

It just doesn’t do it for me at all. Perhaps owning an FK8 makes me massively biased and it’s not unusual for an owner of the current gen car to not like the next gen immediately. It looks too soft now. Very American like a dodge SRT. They’ve caved to all the FK8 hate on the way it looks and...
  14. davidpingu

370z Nismo

I always think they have great road presence when I see them. Particularly the Nismo in white. I really fancied one myself before settling on the FK8 for that bit of added practicality but it was a close call! The 370 certainly has the better soundtrack, especially now!
  15. davidpingu

370z Nismo

How are you finding ownership now you’ve had a summer to drive it through? I always think you need to drive it through all 4 seasons to fully make up your mind on a car. I imagine the drives during the colder months were a lot more subdued than over the summer!!
Back