• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by daxilic

1. D

EP3 Sportex mid pipe doesn't fit...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a Dremel and hopefully that'll sort it. Think I'll contact the eBay seller too to make sure I wasn't sent a dodgy one. I want to get a stainless steel one like the SuperSprint but for now just having some fun with the cheapo Sportex :)
  2. D

EP3 Sportex mid pipe doesn't fit...

...Well it does fit, I just can't bolt it on. The welds on the pipe are too close to the bolt holes, preventing the nuts from screwing on and bolting flush with the flange. This is only a problem on the CAT end, see below pics for what I mean. As far as I can see the only solution is to grind...
  3. D

EP3 Quiet exhaust options...

Ah I see, round here it would have to be a really loud exhaust to get pulled over there's loads and much louder than my n1 catback. How much was the fine? Does seem like that did it out of spite, or must of been a slow day for the police. Yea I agree that's pretty BS. The Mugen or Fujitsubu...
  4. D

Yeah I just want a cheap pipe to put on the car and see how it sounds, use it for a while and if I decide to leave it I'll look for a stainless steel one permanently. Definitely wouldn't keep it on for more than a year. I was looking into this exhaust, looks great and the sound would...
  5. D

Cheers for the feedback! Think I'll go for the Sportex b-pipe and see how it sounds, bit of fun and can't go wrong for £80. If I decide to keep it like that I'll look for a stainless steel one for long term use. Shoonk when you say it won't last long, do you mean it will turn to rust after a...
  6. D

Ah nice that's what I'm learning towards, so its pretty quiet with normal driving and only loud when you floor it? Also are you using the Sportex one?
  7. D

I recently bought an EP3 (loving it!) which has a Spoon N1 replica catback exhaust, which was good fun for the first few weeks but now it's really annoying. It's not too bad around town but on the motorway it really drones to the point where you have to shout to have a conversation. I want an...
Back