• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by dbluw

1. dbluw

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

This sums up the situation I was in really well. I had a 2017 FK8 from new for 50000 miles - 3 years , thats unprecedented for me ,as anything more than a year is long term . During that time I had an R8 V10+ and a 997.2 GT3 as the 3rd car and still did track days and weekend hoons in the...
  2. dbluw

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

It is- amazing endorsement really, never seen anything quite like it. And this month the web site has a comparison against the Merc A45S that they had in the Evo COTY line up, where it did really well, but theyre adamant the FK8 is better (In fact they like the Hyundai more than the Merc)
  3. dbluw

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

Did exactly this -swapped and replaced all 4 Contis at the same time. PS4S is just as grippy, bit better in the wet, improve the ride a little and I reckon last at least 50% longer.
  4. dbluw

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

Absolutely smashed it - I honestly don't think I've seen a more comprehensive "win" in a big test like that. "things it doesn't just do better than the others but in some respects bests them by a huge margin. Dry grip, wet grip, traction, brake pedal feel, braking power, steering feel and...
  5. dbluw

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

About right for the Contis- Michelin PS4S last maybe 50% longer, improve the ride a bit and offer similar levels of grip
  6. dbluw

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

PS4S on mine for the last few thousand and so far I can confirm grip is a match for the original Conti's , the ride is distinctly better and wear so far negligible. In my experience the Michelins always last much longer than the equivalent rivals. Between 50% and 100% more than the Contis I...
  7. dbluw

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Thing is it's a testament to Renaultsport that the "base" car with supposedly 40hp less than the Civic gets within half a second of the FK8 round Bedford. Add in some stickier tyres, more power and torque and probably the other way round. No question, Honda and Renaultsport absolutely the...
  8. dbluw

First proper back to back comparisons in CAR and EVO this month. Interesting stuff, won't spoil it for anyone who's going to be buying the mags. Only the "Cup" chassis 280PS Megane being compared at the moment - New Trophy due very soon with another 20PS and some more mods as well no doubt.
  9. dbluw

New tyres

True but PS4S is closest IF not like for like, interesting that Ford have opted for Supersports rather than PS4S for the Focus RS and for the new Fiesta ST too (though that runs 18" so instead of PS4 ) Saw the Ford guy saying it was chosen because it offers more grip than the newer tyre.
  10. dbluw

Agree- Its the first CIVIC Type R that is unequivocally the best chassis in the class. Always a little short of the very best in the past , usually with a Renaultsport badge on them.
  11. dbluw

All of the above - + Less lag in the infotainment screen , though functionality is fine. An even more hardcore (Type RR or Mugen maybe ) version
  12. dbluw

Type R Rivals

Very familiar with the Focus -but not the i30N. Every piece I've seen has nothing but high praise for the Hyundai. it's got a little less power than the heaviest hitters but didn't stop the RS Megane from handing out a beating to everything that came along - up to the FK8 certainly, Focus RS...
  13. dbluw

Type R Rivals

CAR magazine has a big group test of all the contenders this month - Hot Hatch of the Year 2018 including the new Megane, and a 3 way back to back between the CTR, Megane and Golf R PP. no spoilers but both well worth a read.
  14. dbluw

New tyres

Went to Spain with a mate with a brand new FK2 running the Contis -I was in a Megane Trophy and 4000 miles of hard running later we found the Michelin Super Sports on the Renault lasted around twice a long as the Contis on the FK2.Very similar levels of grip and performance ,both outstanding...
Back