• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Deeper Detail

1. Deeper Detail

Glue/double sided tape residue

Nail varnish remover is basically acetone, so be careful on plastics as it can melt them if left to long! Tar and glue removers can mark also, so get it on and off as quick as possible.... Lighter fluid will remove glue safely, as it evaporates quickly (use a cotton bud)
  2. Deeper Detail

Milano Red Question

As a matter of interest, what did you use to protect the paint and how often? I'm only asking this as mine's being kept outside 95% of its life with me and it's fine...
  3. Deeper Detail

Milano Red Question

I've got a 2001 Milano red Ctr and it is still pretty much the original shade (had it since 2003). Main thing with all cars is keep it protected with a wax or sealant so the elements don't work against the paint.
  4. Deeper Detail

dodo juice?

Dodo juice is a solid performer compared to a lot on the market. All the waxes are easy to work with and when you think about it, if you're getting 25-40 layers per pot, it's not expensive. Lime prime and lime prime lite are really good as a pre wax cleanser and contain fillers to mask mild...
  5. Deeper Detail

Detailing perverts assemble! Rotary polishers, talk to me...

Thats seems like a lot of work in a short space of time! (Plus really cheap) I spend 2-3 days on enhancements and 4-10 days on full correction to do it safely, depending how bad the car is, removing as little clearcoat as possible... Make sure they're fully insured, if you do go with them...
  6. Deeper Detail

Lots of traffic tar bits on my ctr

Tardis for removal definitely. If not, there are many on the market that do as good a job. I tested some from a company called car-chem that was really good and not to expensive. Claying to remove all what you can't see is a good idea, but I would use iron x first for any metal contaminants...
  7. Deeper Detail

what windscreen cleaner?

A glass cleaner and a cloth with some bite to remove most, followed by glass cleaner and paper towel/kitchen roll to remove the rest. To keep it from fogging up again have a look at fog fight by carpro.
  8. Deeper Detail

Autoglym Aqua car wax any good?

To throw a spanner in the works, have a look at car pro reload, very easy to use and lovely finish, giving good durability.
  9. Deeper Detail

Power Washer

All pressure washers will draw from a water butt, even if they do not state it, the higher the wattage, the easier they will draw... At the end of the day, some people get really bad water pressure from their direct supply, as I've witnessed time and time again, so a water butt filled, would...
  10. Deeper Detail

Power Washer

The nilfisk c110 is a good buy, that's what I keep in the van for mobile stuff. The advantage with nilfisk over the lower end karchers is that they have brass/metal internals, the lower end karchers have turned to plastics over the last couple of years, which can split in winter which you don't...
  11. Deeper Detail

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

You can always try, but from what was described and from the pic, I don't think that it would in this case. Baby wipes are good for emergencies for fresh ones and it is always best to get them off asap
  12. Deeper Detail

From Halfords etc, the farecla G3 scratch remover, followed by the paint renovator. Off the internet, there are so many... Gtechniq P1 is affective by hand. They have a dual sided applicator too, use the stiffer side, to remove the marking, then turn over to the soft side for finishing off...
  13. Deeper Detail

If you have washed it and tried scratch remover, then it has certainly etched onto the clear coat. I would recommend a more aggressive polish by hand, if you are comfortable in doing it, following up with something less aggressive to remove any marks you have put in with the other... Easiest...
  14. Deeper Detail

can you get closer with the pic? A macro shot :)
  15. Deeper Detail

photobucket or the like and copy the img code and paste it
Back