• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by DerbyForget

1. DerbyForget

ep3 safe cruising revs/speed

safe revs for extended times are 8000rpm in 3rd along the motorway i believe??? could be wrong
  2. DerbyForget

slight engine ticking noise

+1 on tickover a slight tapping is normal as its the high pressure injectors should dissappear under load. valve clearance adjustment should solve this :) I wouldn't worry too much
  3. DerbyForget

Disabling car? theft concerns.

to be quite honest i think you are worrying about nothing really, dont quote me on this but i believe all EP3's are fitted with a CAT1 alarm system and immobiliser as standard... this means that short of the car thieves actually getting your car keys there isnt much they are going to be able to...
  4. DerbyForget

type r lights

Do you mean those Ultra Brilliance bulbs??? if so you can pick them up from halfrauds for around £20 per bulb! super expensive for a bulb which is no more resilient to blowing than any other if you ask me, not sure on thier performance as ive never had any HTH
  5. DerbyForget

60,000mile Wear and Tear

you would actually be better off removing the filler bolt (at the top) as it is designed to be "fill to spill" so you would get a more accurate indicator of the level. if you check the drain bolt it could still be low and you wouldnt know otherwise. if you remove the top bolt and no oil spills...
  6. DerbyForget

What size and brand for best performance?

can only comment on a road tyre but i run on AVON ZZ3's and find them fantastic! unbelievable levels of grip in the dry and very good levels in the wet to be honest. never let me down yet and have always felt very safe and solid taking fast corners :) the only downside to this however is i think...
  7. DerbyForget

my new honda civic type r ep3 :DDDDD

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this :P but get rid of the ghey stickers :S they look tacky IMO, return to standard with OEM badges and stickers etc. otherwise a tidy looking example :D never seen a sunroofed CTR before either :)
  8. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

you may be thinking of the reinforcement panel that runs across the top of your rad. its commonly and incorrectly refered to as the slam panel. the slam panel is infact the bar/ large bracket that is welded to your chassis behind your bumper, the rad is mounted to it and headlights etc mine is...
  9. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

I dont know if you have noticed from the photos but the bonnet isnt quite sitting right and is in fact bent. So the first task is going to be to replace the slam panel, picking one up this weekend and will get it welded in by a local garage. I am also paying a visit to a certain CTRO member who...
  10. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

Firstly some pics of from Sept 10 when ^Joe detailed her :) -
  11. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

Hi all, I have been on the forum a while now and thought it time to create a thread about my NHB CTR. I have owned it for just under a year and it has been a joy... (most of the time) Firstly let me introduce you to my previous cars :- First one... a 1L 12v Vauxhall Corsa Nice little...
  12. DerbyForget

fitting front engine mount

yeah thanks for that... hope your suspension geo isn't out
  13. DerbyForget

hah nah it's because I worked on it around joe's house and he whipped out the camera to get pics of the unravelling disaster :P wow I suppose they are put under alot of strain under VTEC conditions hah
  14. DerbyForget

as you can see that's the front end of my car in pieces lol when it came to unbolting the subframe they were REALLY tight! and through fear of shearing one... I opted on the long way round.. it was an absolute PITA but feels so much better now the new mount and inserts are in :) just need to...
  15. DerbyForget

ok mate shudnt be a problem, what points should I use for axle stands then? obviously not the subframe so, I'm thinking lower control arms???
Back