• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by DiD

1. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

£1k???!!! for a clutch?
  2. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

I know from a friends civic with the same engine after a remap that the clutch suffered. But other than that, not specific problems or "achiles heal" in general?
  3. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

Hi everyone. Currently own an EP3 and a CL9. I have the EP for almost 2 years now, and the CL less than 3 months. The last months i have grown fond of turbo diesel engines. The plan is to get rid off both cars and buy a diesel engined, family car. So i started looking into audi`s and bmw`s, but...
  4. DiD

Scratches.........

if you`re good with you`re hands, sand them down with wet P2000. Be carefull not to over do it though. Polish with a 3M Fast cut or similar compound.
  5. DiD

Car will not start, suspected immobiliser issue?!

Do you hear the fuel pump and pump relay when you turn your key? Have you checked your starter?
  6. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Wee update: Managed to fit my girly hands through the passenger compartment and reached the heater selector. Indeed the cable was out of place, slided the sucker back in place, tested the selector and revolved normaly. Alas the problem wasn`t solved yet. I messed around a bit and managed to...
  7. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Thanks mate. It`s a big bumper because i moved recently and don`t have any tools or place for that matter to work on my car myself... Will look into the easy stuff myself before contacting my dealer. Any idea how many Ω should the resistor read?
  8. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Great!! Just ****ing great.... I had a water pump changed just last week back home, and now car is in Germany! Do you think this could be related to the water pump works?
  9. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Thought i`d better post here rather than start a new thread. Last night tried switching from cold to warm with the heater selector. Nothing. "ok, it`s the known issue" i thought. I open the bonnet and turn the selector by hand. Still cold air blowing. I tried the opposite side, still cold air...
  10. DiD

Spraying Your Alloy Wheels

One could skip the priming part completely or spray locally on bare aluminum. Regarding the sand papers you could spray onto 800 wet, or as i do for faster and better matting of the surface red 3M scotch brite and soap water.
  11. DiD

Winter Tyres

continental and vrederstein make good rain tires.
  12. DiD

Wheels, offsets, stud patterns..

I have always been an oem wheel lover and never got into alloys and the likes. I have to get winter tires on my EP3 and decided to go with 16"s. I have come across a set of 16"X7,5. What tire width can these accommodate? I was thinking 205/60/16 which if memory serves me right, is a popular...
  13. DiD

front Brembo brake discs & pads

IMO go with OEM.
  14. DiD

issues with vtec

^^ this. Oil level is the first thing to look for with vtec problems.
Back