• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by DistortedSouls

1. D

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

All, So I had my gearbox oil changed 2 weeks ago today. Since then I have travelled a total of 754 miles which included a return journey to Scotland. My conclusion is the gearbox oil change has made a significant improvement in changing gears. Majority of the time it’s not ‘clunky’ and is...
  2. D

Good point! I spoke too soon had 1st gear lockout today on a 10 minute run in town. Epic fail. Damn! Still smooth gear changes but I'll monitor it Cheers
  3. D

All, I have great news on this issue. I went for my 4th year service and went to Honda hq in cannock. After telling them the problem I had over Facebook some time back they decided to change my gearbox oil for me in the service. My gear changing is no longer notchy and my gearstick slips...
  4. D

FK2 Check engine light came on today...

no worries mate. im glad it was something so simple. i actually found the solution online on the most common causes of an engine management light and it said to check the petrol cap sits properly amongst other things. i think there is a pressure sensor in the fuel tank somewhere and it...
  5. D

Problem resolved! Cure: the petrol tank cap was not fit flush when I filled up at the petrol station after work on Friday. Therefore the system was not sealed. I undid the petrol cap this morning and made sure it sealed. Started the car up and the engine light has gone. A guy at work who has...
  6. D

Just went for a drive and engine light remains on and it's not the coolant sensor. I was a bit silly to think it was that. Dial shows normal reading. Mark thanks for the tip. Might have to do that . Hopefully it's not anything bad. When I look at the manual it states 'comes on if there is a...
  7. D

just a wild guess as my old seat used to fail on coolant sensor.. still puzzled. hoping to get it checked at the dealer tomorrow
  8. D

Hi all, Wasn't expecting this but started the car today and the check engine light came on and stayed on. I didn't feel anything noticeable driving the car at 30mph. Could it be the coolant sensor that has gone duff? It's a 2015 fk2 r. Anyone had this before? Going to the...
  9. D

All, I messaged honda hq this afternoon and I got a response. They said there is nothing they can do and suggested that I keep doing what I'm doing putting the gear into 3rd and then into reverse in one transaction. That's what works for me. They did mention if its never had it's gearbox oil...
  10. D

All, Thanks for all the replies. I have tried all the things suggested but they don't seem to work. Putting into reverse first time seems sporadic but definitely after the car is parked overnight it never seems to fall in nicely. There are too many variables to find out under what conditions...
  11. D

Burton on Trent here willing to travel Leicester or Birmingham:)
  12. D

Thanks for the reply mate. I've heard before it could be a linkage issue. Honestly have no idea where to look under the bonnet and how to identify an obstruction
  13. D

This is bizarre. I've just left the house to get cash put it into reverse to get out of my driveway and it slipped into reverse no problem! Not sure if the 30 mile journey I did 3 hours prior helped. Either way this is very annoying for me. I live in the east Midlands. There is a garage...
  14. D

Ok So I pulled the handbrake all the way up, started the car and put it into reverse. the problem still persists and locks when i try to pull it down into reverse. I had to do it 3 times before it went in. 3rd time went in. Went for a 15 mile drive turned the car off, was on a flat surface...
  15. D

so does that mean i shouldnt worry about it and just live with it? this is my first honda.
Back