• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Duff79

1. D

Just bought my first ep3 type r.

Well finally got my car back yesterday after having the clutch done. My mate also sorted the gearbox oil, engine oil and filter. All I can say what a transformation the gears are so slick now all the way up to 8000 rpm. Also the clutch feels lighter and the biting point and a little higher it...
  2. D

Cheers Ben it's literally just sprayed satin black. A nice cheap way to bling it up lol. I'm hoping to do the wheels soon in the same colour. Dan.
  3. D

Highest Mileage on an EP3

No problem mate. I certainly agree the gearbox is fantastic and the same for the engine. It's a great package for the money.
  4. D

There is no slipping when the clutch starts going apparently they just struggle to get into gear when in the top end of the vtec. That's what I read. It seems most people have experienced the same symptoms as I did. Yours still sounds spot on as long as your gears are engaging nice should be...
  5. D

Hi butcher, my clutch was biting low and was fine in normal driving but struggled to engage in vtec. So I sourced a genuine honda clutch for £160 delivered then my mate charged £250 to fit it.
  6. D

Same here butcher mines done 119000, full honda service and 1 owner from new. I've just had the clutch replaced and looking at the receipts it's never been done so might have been the original clutch. Drives absolutely beautiful.
  7. D

Defo I always let it warm up before I engage vtec. Also I told mate who's doing the clutch to change the engine oil and oil filter while it was in bits just to treat it.
  8. D

Hi thanks, unfortunately I've had to get clutch sorted out after 4 weeks of owning it lol. But still maybe I will feel the full force of vtec on Tuesday.
  9. D

Hi all, I just wanted to say hello and I'm new to the forum. I have just recently bought my first ep3 type r and I absolutely love it. I'll try and upload some pics of it. As far as I know it has a toyo sport backbox and a japspeed intake pipe with a pipercross power r filter. I am going to...
Back