• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by f2mark

1. f2mark

EP3 High mileage cars

My EP3 is approaching 150k and still mint. The difference is each of those miles since new in 2004 has been driven by me. I've known cars with half the mileage and 6 owners that have been wrecked. It's not the number of miles, but type of miles. Mark.
  2. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

No cutting whatsoever. It's a modular system and comes with dimensions to set it up. This is what it's for, 4m roofing batons aren't going to fit inside!
  3. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

Well there we go...
  4. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

Looking in the manual Honda say that roof bars are not compatable with the Type R model. As such the factory fit mounts in the gutter are not there, or at least are covered with the full length plastic trim. My thoughts are that honda didn't like the prospect of someone doing 160mph on the...
  5. f2mark

FK2 Covering the exhaust pipes when washing

Covering the exhaust when what? And that pic was when it was clean :lol:
  6. f2mark

FK2 FK2 long-term test average MPG and top speed

That's entirely believable. My 16 plate has 32,000 miles on the clocks now and consistently returns 31-33mpg during mixed use (commiting) driving. If we head out up the motorway to visit the inlaws it returns 40-41mpg. Well done Honda!
  7. f2mark

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

When I bought my Fk2 I specifically wanted the non GT. It's had nothing to do with affordability or some BS weight saving excuse, I just didn't consider the GT worth the extra £2000. I owned (and still do) my EP3 for 12 years prior to ordering the FK2 so I'm not a car swapper. For satnav I've...
  8. f2mark

FK2 Front brake pads

Has anyone had to change their front pads yet? I've just rolled over 25k so removed a front wheel to check the pads, there is still about 6mm pad material remaining. Ok I'm not a heavy braker and my commute is hardly a b-road blast, but the way these pads are going they'll last 35-40k!
  9. f2mark

FK2 Wheel corrosion

I had the rears replaced under warranty due to corrosion on the front face.
  10. f2mark

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I got 8.5k out of the factory fronts. Now at at 17k on the second set of contis on the front with plenty of tread left. Original rears still on, loads of tread left.
  11. f2mark

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

When I needed just new fronts I went for the Contis again as they were much cheaper than Michelins. The Contis I bought are now at the mileage the factory fit ones were changed and they still have loads of tread left.
  12. f2mark

FK2 Front Valence and bumper

Mine catches everytime I come off and on the drive. What are my choices? Sell the car, raise the pavement, live with it. TBH it's literally grazing the underside , i take it slow off and on the drive and just accept it.
  13. f2mark

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Says 95 in the manual... My EP3 has done 140k on supermarket 95 and is sound. My FK2 will get the same. There's no point jizzing your money away on fuel that you can only tell any performance gains when strapped to a dyno bed.
  14. f2mark

FK2 FK2 Exhaust tailpipes cleaning

Nah, I love it too...
  15. f2mark

FK2 Brakes

Has anyone had to change their front pads yet. At the first service (10k) mine still had 8mm remaining. Used to get 20k out of the front pads on my EP3 so will be interesting how long they last on the FK2.
Back