• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by firthy22

1. F

DC2 DB8 DC5 I have my DC5 finally!!!!

They are cream not white :)
  2. F

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 obsession

You'll love the DC5, very powerful (220bhp standard) very light and handles like a dreaem. If you get standard one, only mod you need do is Eibach Springs. It's the only fault I can find with a standard DC5, just sits too high. With a few good mods they can easliy reach 245/250 bhp. I've had...
  3. F

Few pics of my DC5

Nothing spcial just the usual, K100, RBC inlet manifold, Tegiwa header, Mugen air box and Twinloop exhaust. The 247 bhp was before the 5Zigen cold air intake was fitted and when he checked it on the dyno he had to increase the fuelling by 3% because it was drawing more air in so could be closer...
  4. F

Few pics of my DC5

247bhp but had the 5Zigen intake fitted since the dyno so maybe nearer 250 now.
  5. F

Few pics of my DC5

Decided to stop on my trip over the mountain so you sould see what the island looks like if you've never been here, just a pity there's a car blocking part of the view. Engine bay cleaned, well sort off. Rota centre caps became Honda centre caps I know it's sad but...
  6. F

Cheaper alternative to Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth to save some cash?

I do an oil change on my DC5 every 6 months and always used 5w-40 Silkolene/Fuchs Pro full Esther Synthetic. But last time tried the Gulf equivalent, much cheaper and every bit as good as the Fuchs. Still nice vicosity after 6 months and engine burns very little oil with both Fuchs and Gulf...
  7. F

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 owner age

56 had it just over 2 years and insurance was about £350 when I first got it :)
  8. F

Weird blowing noise

But if it is blowing they will be able to see a joint with black soot around it, where the gases are escaping.
  9. F

DC2 DB8 DC5 Dc5 manifolds?

It's always recommended to fit stiffer engine mounts or ESMM's when fitting a header, even if it has a flexi as it reduces engine movement and the likelihood of the header cracking. Take a look at the Tegiwa header, Toda copy and the quality is excellent. Can get that and ESMM's for £400, well...
  10. F

Excuse to use titanium wheel nuts, also known as new wheels

Yep, in one, twisty and fast :)
  11. F

Yep, the Isle of Man and I get to drive to work everyday over the mountain road which has no speed limit, hence the DC5 :)
  12. F

No need here on the island, I can even go to bed at night with my car unlocked and window open and it will still be there in the morning, one advantage of living on an island, nowhere to hide when they nick a motor. Would love Advans but not prepared to pay 3 times what I paid for the Rotas.
  13. F

Well, after much personal debating I finally decided to go with the aftermarket ET45 look so I could use my black Titanium wheel nuts. Was thinking about the Rota Cosmic in Anthracite but I've had grey or black wheels on my Prelude and Dc5 for a few years so needed a change. Julian just happened...
  14. F

Back from Tdi

Just arrived back from Tdi North and have to say the ferry trip over there was well worth it. Paul and Ben are top blokes and put up with my constant questions very well :) I'm well chuffed with the results, here is the dyno graph. 246 bhp and 172 lb/ft torque is more than i expected from a...
Back