• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by FunkyStanley

1. F

seized engine :/

Here we go James, brief outlines of the Sale Of Goods Act....The 'of satisfactory quality' item appears to back you up. The Sale of Goods Act lays down several conditions that all goods sold by a trader must meet. The goods must be: as described of satisfactory quality fit for purpose As...
  2. F

seized engine :/

I'm not sure thats the case CraigUK. When you buy from a dealer they are bound by the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 so as such its not a 'sold as seen' sale. I would read through the act and quote a few facts to them when communicating....arm yourself with the facts. As loads of the guys here have...
  3. F

Low washer jet pressure

Hi all About a few weeks after my last service i found that the pressure in my front windscreen washer jets had dropped to just a trickle. Took it into the dealers and they showed me the problem, the inlet to the pump was all gunked up with what looked like congealed fish slime....but blue in...
  4. F

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

I polished my car last June and followed up with two coats of Britemax #5 extreme elements, i find it works pretty well against bird kak. I must admit that i've not been hit with any monster dumps but the ones i have had on the paint have been removed quite easily with no marking.
  5. F

Lowering an FN2

It dosn't make the ride any harsher does it Loxy? I've lost most of the fillings out of my teeth already, cant afford to lose any more;)
  6. F

FN2 How to use the vtec

Cheers Loxy, will give that a go tonight.
  7. F

FN2 How to use the vtec

I have this problem actually..where the V-Tec dot lights up when the V-Tec kicks in and you then expect the five rev indiactor dots to light up as the revs climb but for some reason they dont. You are supposed to be able to change the V-Tec indicator settings through your settings/functions...
  8. F

Collapsed? drivers seat

Hi guys. As you all know the ride in a CTR is pretty hard so you rely quite a lot on the support and comfort of the seats. The problem with my FN2 (just under 2 years old with 20k on the clock) is that when i'm driving on any road surface other than motorways i get a sort of 'bottoming' out of...
  9. F

Replacing rev counter screen

Cool, will have a go at changing it then. Thanks.
  10. F

Thanks Neily03, i thought as much. Is it an easy job do you know?or is it best left to the stealers. I want to try and do it myself so that i can avoid any niggly squeaks when it al goes back together.
  11. F

Hi all The previous owner of my car must have cleaned the interior of it with sandpaper as the plastic screen covering the rev counter had fine scratches on it. Its an FN2 thats only covered 17k miles and a year and half old so i want to replace it to keep it in good nick. I tried polishing...
  12. F

Body repair shop in Notts/Mansfield/Derby area

Cheers Joe, thats cool. I'll have a blast down into Derby and see what they say.
  13. F

Body repair shop in Notts/Mansfield/Derby area

Hi everyone Horrible thing happened to me the other day....i got a bit too close to a skip and put a scrape on my passenger door. Its about 150mm long and about 5mm deep........i felt sick. I feel even sicker now that i've had a quote to get it repaired at my local Stratstone accident repair...
  14. F

Little help with suspension please.

Right, i've decided.......I'm prepared to tackle the stealers should i ever have any probs with my suspension area in return for an uncompacted spine so i've priced up the parts and i think i've just found the springs i (think) i need...
  15. F

Little help with suspension please.

Crew's 65miles from mine, about the same as TDI North. I'm a bit concerned about the warranty issue though. Hmm, might have a re-think.
Back