• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by garethdj

1. G

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Yeah doesn’t seem to be night and day from what you read online regarding the performance. I actually prefer the styling of the FK8 but now think it looks dated, or is starting to. However the FL5 interior looks a class above IMO. The nearest one for sale is over 60miles away! Sent from my...
  2. G

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

I’ve heavily considered the M135i at one point. Nice colour, love the interior in them, particularly the red. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Probably the 2 colours I wouldn’t go for too. Black is just a nightmare. I like the red but think it’s overkill with the interior. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

FL5 New Civic Type R

Excellent write up. I did also have a chuckle at the AC comment. It was hopeless in the FK8. Surprised at the overall lack of chat on the FL5! I’d likely be mapping mine from the get go if it is what opt for! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. G

FL5 New Civic Type R

Agree this looks great. Never really liked champ white as it always looks dirty to me but I think car suits it well especially with those touches! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Thanks I did try to search. Yeah I was surprised at the lack of discussion. Not many cars about tbf though, I’m yet to see one in the wild. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. G

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Hi all, Haven’t been on here for a good few years, had an FK8 for about 18 months and loved the car. Several cars later I’m back to the Type R as a contender for my next one, this time looking at an FL5. What’s the view on this, who has made the switch? I also had a cat back on my FK8...
  8. G

What did you do to your Type R today?

Bilt hamber auto foam. Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  9. G

EP3 New wheels

It's the offset that makes the handling difference. The stock ones are et60, 8.5j. A lot of Americans change them and swear by et45, 9.5j. Will fill you arch very nicely. If its just a daily you'll probably not notice the difference. It's need smaller wheel IMO, ride on 20s even in comfort is...
  10. G

Haltamer's Civic (2019 Rallye Red FK8, FK08 BYE)

Good stuff. It's the old cliche of 'how it should have come from factory' in my opinion. When I went from the Scirocco R to that I couldn't notice much straight line difference but the bluespark definitely adds that bit extra! Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  11. G

Haltamer's Civic (2019 Rallye Red FK8, FK08 BYE)

Great to see you're enjoying the bluespark! [emoji122][emoji16] Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  12. G

We've started started a sepreate forum. Type R Alumni - German branch Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  13. G

Mines gone from 27 to 23.5. Got to say I'm chuffed. Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  14. G

Maybe they wiped the mud splats off my front bumper and realised there were a few stone chips under there [emoji48] Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
  15. G

[emoji23] Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Back