• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by godfridge

1. G

Problems with new tegiwa catback!

Ive had both your setups there, currently on the tegiwa now and it is quieter than the sppon b pipe/oem Ive found all my cat backs to fit no quite perfect and put it down to the dc5 mani . Makes my b pipe sit right close to the car between first n second bend on b pipe, i ripped a heat shieild...
  2. G

2.5 or 3 inch for n/a build ep3

It has been proven 3" gives gains when NA altho they will have bad ground clearance being so big in diameter, how long untill your 3" is crushed to a 2.5" on a speed bump
  3. G

Civic Ep3 loud rumbling noise exhaust

I get this too, its cold water hitting the hot exhaust causing it to bend temporarily and touch the car. Same idea as when you pull a hot oven tray out and stick it under cold tap it goes wonky. Heat wrap the b pipe its ment to help
  4. G

400 cell cat experiences/thoughts

Tegiwa catback, prc inlet manifold , itg maxogen and hondata mapped at tdi north
  5. G

400 cell cat experiences/thoughts

I used the dc5 cat with the spoon 4-2 so its road legal. Got 230bhp after map.
  6. G

Dastek unichip Q

Also on the topic of your map tweak Henry roy pulled a map from his laptop from another dc2 that had the same mods as I did and it made my car run less power than my standard ecu map! I was really surprised. Never the less after a good tune the figures were up in the end but just goes to show...
  7. G

Dastek unichip Q

Just I had my last dc2 mapped by henry roy at hhh performance , we were talking about the unichip because I'd considered it and he said there's many things you can't do with it that you can on hondata.
  8. G

Dc5 manifold on ep3

I got the spoon 4-2 and dc5 2-1/cat. Good setup. I heard you needed the jdm arb so I got one to be safe. Good setup and noticed the difference compared to UK spec fanimold
  9. G

Dastek unichip Q

Get hondata and sell the unichip they are pants
  10. G

After market cams

Cool i do trust tdi just cant find too many reviews on the cams. I run a spoon 4-2 with a dc5 2-1 / cat , a tegiwa catback and an itg maxogen. I would get an rbc , or prc for more mid range, do you think cams are a waste without all the top end breathing mods such as decat/rbc/teg m and...
  11. G

After market cams

Any info on tdi cams strength ? Going by the fact Toda's are soft? Im toying with the idea of their cams so just doing some research right now. I dont want to reduce the life expectency of my engine by much so have chickened out the supercharger route.
  12. G

OE look sports exhaust

Personal preference I can't bare them, sounds ok in car and sounds broken from outside like an angry bee is stuck in the box
  13. G

Decatting ep3 without eml being on..

Dont decat it's not worth it Try get a spin in a turbo or charged ep3 and youl wonder why the heck you bothered making your car illegal for it still to be slow
  14. G

EP3 with DC5 upper 4-2 header and spoon 2-1 header

There is piper manifolds, or mugen or supersprint or solid fabrications make them too all these have sports cats available. Piper or solid fab are cheaper I'd def not want my car crushed!
  15. G

EP3 with DC5 upper 4-2 header and spoon 2-1 header

That's unfortunate, I have saw a dc5 with make high 240s with its stock mani, also had rbc an intake and catback. Then I saw an ep3 with one, 2.5 b pipe to OEM backbox, teg m and rbc make 236. I thought with this one 240 was on the cards with a decent catback as the b pipe had crush bends...
Back