• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by grumpyg1t

1. G

Clutch Problem

+1 to clutch, you may find that starting the car in gear with clutch pedal pressed in causes a little jolt occasionally.
  2. G

Need Help Engine Rebuild

without a doubt, get a few estimates, that seems excessive!
  3. G

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Thanks very much for the info! For some reason, I've not considered that one. I've been concentrating on the straight upward lifting types but it seems to give good access to the underside. Will have to add it to my list
  4. G

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Apologies for going off topic but couldn't help but notice your lift. Been considering buying a scissor lift. Could I ask what lift that is please?
  5. G

Influx Magazine - Dad Cars

Sorry, already tried to PM you but your account won't receive it due to being full (from memory). can you clear space?
  6. G

Influx Magazine - Dad Cars

hello, can you provide "laid up" (SORN) cover please? thanks
  7. G

FN2 Rear Brake Question

did you disconnect any brake lines, bleed screw etc?, if not, it's more than likely just due to the pads needing to "bed in" which is fairly normal.
  8. G

Clutch issue EP3

Yep You may notice a slight jolt if you start the car up in gear with clutch pressed in too which can be another sign
  9. G

Polybush or Superpro

Sorry for hijacking thread, could I ask which ball joint press you used please? I am looking to sort my ep3 out but don't want to buy one that is unsuitable. Thanks
  10. G

exhuast rattle at idle

If it's on original exhaust, the flange on the b pipe to back box joint rusts away which leaves the bolts loose. It's worth checking those.
  11. G

EP3 Disc screws!

Meant to add that you can buy stainless steel srews from ebay that have an alanhead slot rather than screwdriver. They should be a lot easier to remove and cost around £2.70 ish for 8
  12. G

EP3 Disc screws!

+1 to the centre punch method ( or chisel) works without fail
  13. G

Clutch Problems

Totally understand you wanting to just get it sorted. If you are happy to pay them to sort it, just go for it but it may be worth you having a quick read of the sale of goods act first so you can make an informed decision. There are plenty of sites that provide easy information on it. At best...
  14. G

Clutch Problems

I personally would argue to have it replaced free of charge as it should be fit for purpose which it doesn't sound like it is ( i.e it is affecting the main use of the goods - driving it!)I suggest getting back to them straight away as your rights reduce the longer you leave it. If it's only...
  15. G

Clutch Problems

My wife's went around that mileage too. It would behave fine one minute, then the next it would feel notchy as hell. you could also feel the car lurch forward whilst starting it in first gear with the clutch in. New clutch fitted and it felt like a new car. You will definitely notice the...
Back