• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by GT3

1. GT3

FK8 Fk8 current values

Ended up selling mine for about £2k more than I paid for it brand new. Took it to We Buy Any Car - they knocked off £1k for stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet. Entering the same damage online beforehand only knocked off £650. Ended up selling to a local dealer for slightly more. It's...
  2. GT3

FK8 Fk8 current values

Mine is now worth more than I paid for it brand new, 2.5 years and 12k miles ago. Instant sale via We Buy Any Car. Wasn't considering selling at all, but it really is tempting!
  3. GT3

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I was also surprised, and a little miffed given their service prices (hence looking at an independent this year). How do you order through the forum to get a discount?
  4. GT3

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Any more thoughts on this? Mine came with 0W20 new, then was changed to Shell Helix 5W30 by my Honda dealer at its first year service. I'm thinking about getting it serviced independently this year and going back to Honda 0W20, but wonder if a thicker oil will be better for track work.
  5. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

This is true :lol: Standard Contis
  6. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

We also have a crash bar right behind the bumper in that position sadly :(
  7. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

The photographer there on the day was brilliant. Vids here (dry) and here (wet) for anyone interested!
  8. GT3

EP3 Clutch delay valve removal?

Agreed I also have occasional issues shifting into 4th on track, or prolonged fast road drives. No issues with any other gears or during normal driving - it only seems to be when the car is very hot. Gearbox oil with a higher hot viscosity is a good suggestion, I know some in the US have...
  9. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

So I did a track day at Donington this week. It was only 13 degrees C, but I was pushing the car hard and the temperature gauge didn't move at all. I seem to recall it increasing on cooler days rather than staying exactly the same, but I won't know for sure until I test it on a warmer day. In...
  10. GT3

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

I had an FN2 for 2 years and thought it was an absolutely brilliant car. It was my daily drive, track car and road tripper - many miles covered and great memories made, I still miss it to be honest. I also thought the design was way ahead of its time: That being said, I bought a new FK8...
  11. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

Sorry for the delay, I fitted this a few weeks ago but didn't get the chance to jump on here and talk about it. Fitment went well in the end, but it's not for the faint of heart. Main challenges: - Getting the bumper off wasn't easy. I initially tried to do it without lifting the car at all...
  12. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

So I've gone ahead and ordered the following two parts from Cox Motor Parts: 71121-TGH-A51 - 2020 Front Grille 75701-TGH-A01 - 2017 Rear 'H' Badge (smaller badge - carryover part and fits the new grille) £163 for both including VAT and delivery. They came back with those part numbers without...
  13. GT3

EP3 2020 grille

Is this definitely the right part number? It looks like the US version without holes for the parking sensors to me.
  14. GT3

FK8 Shift down icon

Yep, I'm always rolling around in 6th wherener there's almost no throttle required. It's the main reason DSG gets better fuel economy on paper. Most manuals don't end up in the higher gears around town!
  15. GT3

FK8 Shift down icon

Only seems to come on below 1000rpm for me.
Back