• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Harryjones05

1. H

K100 ECU and Remap

That would be good to see dfriel2.. ;)
  2. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Yeah I'd say mine is about half way flashy, no notches, never hard to get in gear from cold or when up to temp... Sorry to any other guys in this thread as its turned into diagnose my car please chaps...! Anyway getting back to the K100 topic, it's definitely going to get done in the very near...
  3. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Lol Chris, the Clio box is awful.... :D The clutch bites pretty high up, it isn't a small movement before biting... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?!
  4. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Yeah the gear change is sweet, VERY sweet compared to my Clio 182 anyway!! It would probably help comparing to another ep3 with a replacement clutch, however it changes gears fine at all revs and all gears...
  5. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Hmmmm that's a very good point Chris...
  6. H

K100 ECU and Remap

The rev limiter is definitely over the 8k mark on the tacho Chris, I have to bounce off it to stay in vtec,if I try and change any point before that it'll drop out... I'm beginning to wonder when my vtec crossover actually is now, knowing its had a new ecu has got me doubting if all is as it...
  7. H

K100 ECU and Remap

That's an interesting point Mike.h, I'll check when I get home... It always seems to be around 6k but obviously I can't look at it accurately whilst driving responsibly with due care and attention... I must admit when I first drove the car (first ever vtec) I was surprised how narrow the margin...
  8. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Thanks guys for the input. I don't know anyone locally with an EP3 so can't try out an Lsd... If it makes a big difference then I'll probably be looking at one when I need a clutch change... My car is on 116k and according to the massive in depth service records its still on the original clutch...
  9. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Cheers for your help guys. I'm always amazed with the suggestion of getting a more powerful car if you're chasing power... I'm only merely asking the fact that I have to spend £765 quid to map a car where it would normally be around £300... So considering a map is so expensive on these cars I...
  10. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Ive actually got a mate who does MOTS and he's always been good squeezing my old alfa v6 through emissions... The problem I've got now is where I live the vosa lot do roadside checks very regularly and on my only route to work.. They mainly aim for farm vehicles with red diesel etc, however when...
  11. H

K100 ECU and Remap

That's a really good point about the exhaust Hazz. The restrictive cat people always mention is such a shame on these cars... I definitely don't want to decat as I'm not wanting to mess about failing emissions come mot time every year... Out of interest does anyone run any sports cats which fit...
  12. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Hi Hazz, she's all set up with Eibach springs, hard race camber arms and bolts... Also got EBC USR discs and yellowstuff pads, 4 new calipers and braided hoses all round... Its basically the Vtec I'm referring to about driveability... I have to bounce off the limiter to stay in vtec which does...
  13. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Cheers Norv, to be honest I'm just after the most power for reasonable money hence asking about a manifold, if I gained 5bhp for 300quid I think it's worth it... An lsd etc doesn't really interest me as I'm 36 years old and my hooning around days are long gone.. Also I won't be on any...
  14. H

K100 ECU and Remap

Hello chap's, I'm back with more questions...! I've decided I'll definitely be going to TDI North for a K100 and remap, I emailed them to ask about maximum gains without spending a fortune and not changing my exhaust setup in any way as Im happy with it and need an MOT compliant car... So, they...
  15. H

K100 ECU and Remap

That sounds great to me, I definitely want it done more for driveability than anything but if it gains 15bhp or more over standard that would be awesome... I find it very hard to stay in vtec unless I bounce off the limiter at the moment.. Also that flat feeling up to 6k being eliminated would...
Back