• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by JamesT

1. JamesT

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

Very compliant - these particular coilovers are designed for our roads. They aren't available in Japan. They are more comfortable than the OE setup without a doubt. Being adjustable, can firm them up for track etc.
  2. JamesT

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

Update 900 within 12 minutes : So I have previously had experience with the Ktuned shifter so ordered one. A genuine one. Was a long lead time but it finally arrived and it's a lovely bit of kit. Standard setup : KTuned one in after some tweaking : Lever spun round so it doesn't catch...
  3. JamesT

Another little update - thought I'd upgrade the interior with this : 330mm Suede Personal steering wheel with HKB 'airbag' boss. Standard wheel : Airbag out : Wheel off (spraying some wd40 down the splines really helped remove the wheel) : New wheel fitted : Had to do the reset...
  4. JamesT

Earlier in this thread I said I wanted to get a bumpsteer gauge to measure how effective the inverted tie roads were, compared to the OE style which go on top. Well the gauge arrived today from a motorsport engineering company and I got it set up : The idea of this kit is, to jack/load up...
  5. JamesT

It has been a little while since I've updated my build thread (about 1 minute), and thought this would be suitable! I've wanted RPF1s for years. I know it's quite a common wheel on DC5s and other Hondas, but for good reason; they look the bollocks. I've only ever liked the look of the flat face...
  6. JamesT

So for a while I've been thinking about getting a bucket seat for the Teg. The JDM Recaros are nice to look at for sure, but being 6ft / 13 stone they offer little comfort and even less support. The OCD in me wanted to just replace the drivers seat with another Recaro - the SPG XL (As again...
  7. JamesT

Since I had all bushes/suspension related items changed & refreshed on the car, I needed to get the alignment done as it was driving like a bag of shit. I took it to a local race team who race very successfully in their K20'd EG Civic. I advised them my DC5 is a weekend fast road toy with some...
  8. JamesT

Another little update, I had a strange protruding dent on my passenger door. Was like it when it came over from Japan, so no idea how it happened. I got my local trusted paintless dent repair man out (Steve from Dentpusher) and let him get to work. Before : Steve at work ...
  9. JamesT

So I think it's time for another update. I guess the benefits of lockdown have given me more time & opportunity to work on the DC5. As the front of the car was sorted in terms of bushings, it was now time to change all of the bushes on the rear of the car. So I had this little lot arrive ...
  10. JamesT

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

JDM
  11. JamesT

Thanks mate, yeah should be an awesome example. Dont think I'll ever be "finished" though! For this grade of car and mileage, you're probably looking at around £11k OTR here.
  12. JamesT

Yeah my DC5 is at 78k on its original clutch and as you can see from the photos it needed a change. Same for engine mounts, mine were split - my money would be on the fact your front one is detatched at the same place as mine. (If original)
  13. JamesT

How many miles has your EP3 done? K20'd cars usually require a clutch change around the 70K miles mark. That snatchy pop coming out of gear is usually a sign of the engine moving/slack engine mounts - engine mount inserts can fix this. But if you're having difficulty having smooth shifts at...
  14. JamesT

After all the faffing around fitting the coilovers and changing bushes in the arms etc, my OE tie rod ends had given up the ghost seen here : Now, as the car is pretty low on these Tein coilovers, I was aware of the extreme angles of my steering arms. I knew there were many products on...
  15. JamesT

So, I wanted a bit of noise from the intake. I haven't really decided which route I'm going to go down yet (ITBs / GruppeM / Long Ram Cold Air intake / ARC intake etc). So till then I bought something really cheap and heatsoaky - but gives me the noise I want for now. The filter in the...
Back