• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by jamiemce

1. jamiemce

DC2 DB8 DC5 My not a build thread DC2 UKDM

Bought a cheapo bridge camera in the black Friday sales, tried it out this weekend. Pics look not bad :)...
  2. jamiemce

A clean view of the back for a change :cool:
  3. jamiemce

Cheers mate! I do like to keep it clean and running well. Sailed through it's first (for me) MOT yesterday no advisories too
  4. jamiemce

Had a fun Sunday last weekend... The old plugs looked fine, evenly burnt and good colour. And a final clean befored I moved house! Clay and wax. I also clay bar'd the glass then a quick scrub with glass cleaner. The clay made a huge difference on the glass I'd recommend doing...
  5. jamiemce

Surprisingly practical when it needs to be... Type R van :)
  6. jamiemce

How much oil?

Used 4.5l for anyone needing to know. Very much doubt the guy I bought it off serviced it before I got it like he said :rolleyes:
  7. jamiemce

How much oil?

That's fine cheers. I've got Comma 75W90 for the gear box anyone have any experience with that stuff? I'll be getting brake fluid, air filter and spark plugs at the end of the month and swap all them out once I get a weekend free. What brake fluid are you going to be using mate?
  8. jamiemce

How much oil?

Servicing my DC2 for the first time tonight, roughly how much engine oil will it need? Can't seem to fine it anywhere Changing the gear oil too and I think it's around 1.7l, is that right?
  9. jamiemce

Knockhill Trackday Tips

Thinking of getting a trackday at knockhill to have a bit of fun in my DC2. Has anyone been before in their own car and have any tips on which is the best one to book? Don't really fancy the 'upto 100 people hot hatch day'. Not sure which other one to choose, full day open or afternoon open...
  10. jamiemce

DC2 rear shocks and springs

The shocks on the rear of my car are shot, looking around the internet and not sure where to get them from. Looks like it has been riding on the springs so they'd probably be a bit damaged and will need to replace them too. Anyone know the best place to get them from?
  11. jamiemce

Clay bar or polish?

Ah ok I never thought about that. It's not mine it's my girlfriends dads I'm 21 so bit young for an evo!
  12. jamiemce

Clay bar or polish?

Clay, polish and waxed at the weekend. Pretty pleased with the results! Never got rid of much pink colour but took out a lot of the swirls in the paint so I'm happy enough :)...
  13. jamiemce

Cheers mate! Not sure to be honest, I've never seen one until I went to buy this so I'd guess pretty rare
  14. jamiemce

Swapped my 2.2 diesel civic for a DC2 last week, was a 1000+ mile trip but well worth it so far! This was it after a quick clean last week Gave it a clay polish and wax today and quite happy with how it came out :) Bonnet and roof are still a bit pink but nothing too bad Peek of my GF's...
Back