• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Jf231295

1. J

Timing Chain Help Needed

Thanks very much, the car has been well looked after, so fingers crossed it'll be fine.
  2. J

Timing Chain Help Needed

Nice one!, this clears things up, I'll get the car booked in for its chain and valve checks at TDI north, any tell tale signs for the chain needing doing ? Thanks
  3. J

Timing Chain Help Needed

Picking up my first Type R ep3 tommorow, it's on 72K I'm not sure if the 70/75K service has been carried out, from what I understand this service checks the valve clearances and checks the condition of the chain, it is not a "you must replace the chain now" service, is this correct ? If so, when...
  4. J

Any one have these measurments?

Does anyone have the measuremnts for the ep3 centre console? Im wondering how big of a screen i can fit, i dont collect my ep3 till tuesday so unfortunatly i cant do the measurments myself.Thanks.
  5. J

Josh's Cosmic EP3

Think I'll do my springs first then, save some pennies. Yeah I'm quite lucky, TDI north is about 30-40 minutes from me, I had no idea they could do a FRSU, that makes life much easier.
  6. J

Josh's Cosmic EP3

Im in Bolton (Manchester), nice one for comfirming that, Eibach are the same brand that ive been looking at. Once the FRSU is done, will swapping the stock springs to lowered springs mean i will need the FRSU allignment redone? Cheers again
  7. J

Josh's Cosmic EP3

Thanks mate, gonna have to grab me a second set for winter i think. cant have the red ones getting dirty with all that grit. Any ideas what sort of price range i should be expecting to pay for a good FRSU?
  8. J

Josh's Cosmic EP3

Paid my holding deposit for my first Type R a few days ago, all being well ill be making the 5 hour journey to plymouth to collect it on the 30th. Super excited, this will be my first time working on a car, im hoping to learn on the go. The car is a 2006 Plate Cosmic Premier with 71K on the...
  9. J

Picture Request

Hi everyone, just paid my holding deposit on my first type r! It's an 06 plate cosmic premier! I don't pick it up until the 30th and I would like to order my new Headunit before then, the company I'm ordering from are asking for pictures of the stock radio connector plugs and the space left...
Back