• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by jonno56

1. jonno56

Autobrite Products? Any one use them?

I've recently used their Purple Rain iron remover, rate it pretty highly for cleaning power, stinks though. Have you ordered anything yet? There are a few group buys on Detailing World. The snow foam lance being one of the popular ones. snow foam & lance...
  2. jonno56

EP3 Boot Trim Remove

I know this post is years old... however, it's one of the top results on google for "ep3 boot trim" - so thought i'd also add that if you snap any clips when taking the lining off (like I did :(), the fleabay item number for replacements is 390596977851
  3. jonno56

ScabbyTramp' 02 Civic Type R (EP3)

Yep, use a finishing pad and a glazd to start with, Honda paint is renowned for being soft. Just be sure to work the product long enough to break down, without too much heat, more passes on a moderate speed is the way to go. If a glaze doesnt help, use a fine abrasive compound on the finishing...
  4. jonno56

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I just put that feeling down to the high idle when cold, just take it easy and you're cool. Otherwise you're getting 0 mpg while its sat on the drive, idling away at 3k! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  5. jonno56

EP3 low speed knocking, pulling left

Update: So, I had my brake re-built last night (as it was binding) and that has helped a lot! Quite amazed at the change it made really, was binding pretty bad to be fair. Also took a look at anything that could cause pulling - and have slight play in both track rod ends, and the right hand...
  6. jonno56

Great first post! Welcome to the club! I'll do this test with my mate tomorrow, very good fault finding there! I'm not sure if having it lowered would be the cause for it not self centering properly, kinds does it both ways at 11 and 1 oclock. As long as it isnt the rack i'll be much...
  7. jonno56

Was lowered back in December and only just started to knock. Stuff wears quicker due to different angles, you can fit steering arm relocation brackets to make the angle closer to OEM (tegiwa part), not really sure where they fit tbh! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  8. jonno56

Would have thought a droplink would be noisy on the side that was worn rather than opposite? Will get all these checked out, i get a vibration noise when I go over cobbled speed bumps, always had it since i bought it so thought it was normal... Could this be linked? Sent from my HTC One using...
  9. jonno56

Had the tracking done not long ago - will have that checked while I get my brake sorted tomorrow. Will check tyre pressures later, good shout! Tyres are the same brand, both fitted at the same time the right way. A week or so ago, my mechanic said there was ever so slight play in the right hand...
  10. jonno56

Servicing

Valve clearances? I think people usually have them checked every 25-30k miles or so? They can be checked/adjusted by any mechanic with the know-how, just make sure they have the engine stone cold when they do it
  11. jonno56

I've been searching around on this for a while now, and can't seem to find anyone with a pull and a knocking... Knocking At low speeds, such as parking up, I get a couple of knocks from the left hand side, that I can feel it through the wheel and sounds as though it's coming from the left. Its...
  12. jonno56

headlight fault - help!

Which are the relevant fuses? Having this problem with mine going through bulbs, using osram nightbreakers...
  13. jonno56

Front caliper stuck

Digging up an old thread... What grease did you need to use on the piston? The Honda kits come with 2 lots of grease whereas these come with just the 1 for the sliders but include a new piston :) EDIT: Brake fluid - watched the youtube vid ;)
  14. jonno56

Tyre inside worn help!

Need longer camber bolts http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=127 Did you refit the spring 'socks'/covers to the lower part of the spring? The tighter coils in the spring can knock together, these covers stop the annoying noises :). You could be chasing quiet knocks/bumps for a...
  15. jonno56

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 ECU fuse location for a Bluetooth OBD-II

jondobbs, how did you get on with this? Looking for a bluetooth OBDII to get MOG stats etc on the EP3
Back