• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by K20Miles

1. K

NO START, NO COMMUNICATION, strong spark, fuel primes and engine cranks.. WONT START

Hello, I have checked compression and all 4 cylinders hold pressure. 3 cylinders show 170 and 1 shows 155. I have been told off a few people that because the engine hasn’t been started in a long time these readings might be off(something to do with oil pressure or something. I have sent it to...
  2. K

NO START, NO COMMUNICATION, strong spark, fuel primes and engine cranks.. WONT START

Hello, I haven’t been able to check whether it was stuck or not. I’ve sent it in to a work shop to see if they can get it running , ** pass the message on. Thanks
  3. K

HELLO , CAN ANYONE HELP ME , I HAVE RECENTLY REPLACED THE ENGINE IN MY EP3. I HAVE A SPARK AND FUEL PRIMES. CHECKED FUEL IS GETTING TO THE PLUGS. BUT WONT START. ENGINE CRANKS OVER. IMMOBILISER HAS BEEN DISABLED. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHY IT WONT START ?? THANKS
  4. K

EP3 BARE ENGINE SHOWING 1 HIGH 1 LOW AND 2 SAME COMPRESSION READINGS

It’s for a trackday car , oil surge ruined my last engines bottom end shells and scored the crank. I was informed that machining the crank and buying bigger shells would work but only for so long. So was advised to find a new engine. The breakers sold me the engine saying it was a great...
  5. K

Hello, thanks for your input . I’ve just tried with the throttle open and it’s come back with the exact same readings and they all hold their pressure. Not sure where that leaves me now. It’s looking like a dodgy engine.
  6. K

Sorry does that mean Wide open throttle ? I actually haven’t tried it with the throttle held open . Could that be the reason for the different readings ?
  7. K

Yes the engine turned over and gave them readings on the compression test with the spark plugs out .
  8. K

I have recently bought an engine from a car breakers. I have just done a compression test by turning the starter motor over by putting a power pack on it . The readings show ( left to right) 10bar. 6bar 7bar 7bar . Is there something I’m doing wrong? I know they’re supposed to be all the same...
  9. K

Knocking K20 Engine

Did you find out what the noise was ? I’ve got the exact same noise coming from my engine and when I’ve drained the oil lots of little metals shards were present on the drain plug .
Back