• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Karlos37

1. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Absolutely !
  2. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Let us know how you get on. :-) is this you're first ep3 ?
  3. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

I see, well my car has done 115k and the mounts were quite badly worn. Yeah, a remap is around the £750-800 mark I think. It's something I may get done some time this year.
  4. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

No, you're not too far away. Are you planning on changing the mounts yourself ? Their not too difficult if you are but a fiddly job, especially the gearbox mount. The subframe needs to be dropped a bit to get the front and rear ones out. So have you got knocking noises or just looking to stiffen...
  5. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

All OEM mounts without the inserts yeah, didn't fancy any excess vibrations in the cabin. Made a massive difference as three of the mounts were quite badly worn, feels great now. I live in Carshalton, a few miles outside of Croydon. You ?
  6. Karlos37

K100 ECU - Idle rev fluctuations

How are you enjoying the remap ? I'm looking to get mine done soon.
  7. Karlos37

K100 ECU - Idle rev fluctuations

Sounds like the idle control valve to me fella, my ep3 does it if it's been sat idle for a couple of weeks. It may clear with a good run but it may need a clean out as the valve tends to get clogged up.
  8. Karlos37

CTR 2002 - MOT - same every year - handbrake efficiency

Hi, my car (04 facelift) also came back with a handbrake efficiency advisorie when I put it through it's mot. My main garage that I use to do work on my car said it was down to a sticky rear caliper.
  9. Karlos37

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

My car is in the garage at the moment to have the vtc gear replaced as it's been rattling on cold starts.
  10. Karlos37

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

The car looks great fella, love all the detailing you've done. I too have a cosmic ep3 though not as mint as yours. For some odd reason a previous owner has painted the rear calipers yellow ! so will have to get on and paint them red. (The colour they should be). :-)
  11. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

I changed all my engine mounts and both lower ball joints over christmas, no more knocking or clonking noises! Now to tackle the throttle position sensor which is driving me nuts.
  12. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Yeah, makes sense when you think about it.
  13. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

The car's approaching 110,000 miles and their bound to be the original mounts from new so their probably all knackered. I've been underneath the car and seen a split in the front mount so I think it's fair to assume the others are kaput too.
  14. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Yes, i think it would be a good idea to fit inserts to the front and rear mounts as their the most difficult to change and don't seem to be that strong. As I say I've changed the drivers side top mount which made the car less jerky on and off throttle but still have the clonking sound. The...
  15. Karlos37

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Hi Jimbo, I knew it was either 4 or 5 but wasn't sure. I'll probably go the difficult route and fit the genuine oem mounts as I'd like to keep it honda. The inserts are a tempting option though if I'm honest. Thanks for the info, at least I know where to start now. Cheers
Back