• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by leet74

1. L

EP3 2007 fn2 valve clearance guide / specs?

Hi Can anyone clarify something on Honda valve clearance spec numbers 3 - Select the correct thickness feeler gauge for the valves you're going to check. Valve Clearance Intake: 0.21−0.25 mm (0.008−0.010 in.) Exhaust: 0.25−0.29 mm (0.010−0.011) My question is for the exhaust valves, it...
  2. L

FN2 Fn2 sudden no start / dead, just a click.

Got this sorted, it was starter motor solenoid knackered.
  3. L

FN2 Fn2 starter motor removal from underneath??

Got this sorted If ur attempting doing your starter from underneath, You have to undo that thick black metal strut bar that sits just inside the front bumper underneath Remove the bolt / nut from the front lower engine mount that go through it Remove the 2 17mm bolts from each side of the...
  4. L

FN2 Fn2 starter motor removal from underneath??

Hi Has anyone managed to remove the starter motor on their fn2 from underneath? If so please can you advise how you get to the hidden top 14mm bolt that holds the starter in? Hondas fn2 workshop says to do from underneath, they make it sound simple Step 1 remove the intake manifold...
  5. L

Would you say its safe to rule out the engine start button, given that theres power getting to the starter to make it 'click'?
  6. L

Thx, how do i check the solenoid is operating with it off the car? The click i can here when pressing start button defo sounds like its coming from the starter Im wondering if its worth trying the old school, smack the starter a few times with something hard .. Used to do that with old fords...
  7. L

Got in car last night to come home from sisters Pushed start button, turned over didnt fire, let go and pressed it again, then nothing, just a click from under the bonnet. Had to bump start it to get it home, ive got battery on charge now but as expected it was still almost fully...
  8. L

FN2 Fn2 brake discs, made flat or not??

No, I didn't only because it had what looked like copper grease all over it, that I assume Honda put there when they last put new rear discs on...
  9. L

The old discs were just worn down, had bit of a lip on both sides and pad edges were hitting it I thought that was why they were scraping when braking. The pads had rust colour dust around the edges from were they were catching the lips I cleaned them all up before refitting the surfaces...
  10. L

Just had rear right wheel off and made a couple videos.. Don't seem right to me that, too much drag / scraping.. Right side is a little worse than left side https://youtu.be/3-6W6y9OOfw https://youtu.be/tGDIwTxBWIc https://youtu.be/wprEF55XR0o
  11. L

Thanks, yeah that makes sense.. But with the wheel on and fastened up tight, when spinning the wheel by hand the scraping noise is still pretty bad were it's catching multiple times during one rotation.. I guess it's a question how much 'catching noise' is normal / and how much isn't....
  12. L

My rear discs were knackered Been binding / scraping for good while Wheel spun freely though when jacked up although you could hear it catching / scraping a bit Put some new discs on other day (just cheapo) ones When turning the hub by hand after putting disc on I could clearly see...
  13. L

finally got to the bottom of the annoying whining noise from aux area

Had my belt off again today Found that my alternator pulley is a bit noisy now when I spin it hard by hand Also looking at the aircon pump pulley, if I get hold of it I can wobble it side to side a fair bit and it makes a clang type sound when you wobble it I don't know anything about this...
  14. L

FN2 FN2N Had all 4 injectors out / cleaned, now car wont run..

Update; Put the new injectors in i got off ebay for 30quid Car started and is runnin fine again Lesson learned, if you're reading this and youve been watching youtube videos showing you how to take your injectors out and clean them by spraying carb cleaner / brake cleaner through them with...
  15. L

FN2 FN2N Had all 4 injectors out / cleaned, now car wont run..

Getting more bizarre.. Now i understand how the safety inertia switch works (it only 'clicks' when pressed back in after it had been activated' When i found my inertia switch, it clicked when i pressed on it, so somehow it had been activated even though my car not been crashed or had any sort...
Back