• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Lewisgame

1. Lewisgame

EP3 Info on Brake upgrades

Brake pad choice is down a lot to personal preference and sometimes you’ve got to try a few to find one that suits your needs/style. One type may work for one but not for another. My experience with the DS2500 is the braking power they provide is good. But they wear out quickly and when...
  2. Lewisgame

Ep3 brake disc sheilds on or off for track.

The shield is shaped to scoop air into the discs so I’m not so sure there would be any benefit.
  3. Lewisgame

EP3 Brake Setups

You won’t be warping the discs. It’ll be pad deposits sticking to the discs causing the vibration when braking. You get excessive pas deposits sticking to the discs when the pads overheat. Over time the pad deposits wear off with normal braking and the vibrations reduce. You either need to buy...
  4. Lewisgame

PPRUK for a Remap? Or just go to TDI

Where are you located? There’s many reputable tuners for these vehicles all over the country.
  5. Lewisgame

Keyless relay attack

With any keyless starting vehicle, once started, it will run without the key present until the ignition is switched off. This is so the vehicle doesn’t turn off unexpectedly potentially causing you to be stranded or worse causing an accident. Most systems now will put warning messages on the...
  6. Lewisgame

EP3 Polish or replace? EP3 headlights

I’ve polished my headlamps, far better than before but you won’t get that same finish that you’d see with a brand new unit. As for HID/Xenon conversions, it was a grey area with MOT’s when they first brought in some rules over it a few years back. But now the rules are if it’s not factory fit...
  7. Lewisgame

Frsu on a non lowered car

You’ll never get a rim close enough to hit the shock unless something gets bent or the wheel size is something silly. Rear camber arms shouldn’t come loose if tightened up correctly
  8. Lewisgame

Spacers

You won’t find 3mm in hub centric as they’re too thin. The centre of the hub barely pokes out from the 3mm shim. However I ran 3mm shims in the past and didn’t have any issues.
  9. Lewisgame

EP3 Good places for a steering wheel retrim?

Yep I had mine done by royal steering wheels
  10. Lewisgame

Yellowspeed Coilovers - scrap heap challenge

Car lives in a coastal area?
  11. Lewisgame

FN2 Rear Brake Question

New pads can feel a little soft before they’ve bed in. Along with the type of pads you’ve used and their quality.
  12. Lewisgame

Side light circuit dead

There’s a wire to your headunit for illumination which will be linked to the side light circuit. I’d try disconnecting the headunit, recheck all fuses (either blown or missing) and see if the lights work.
  13. Lewisgame

DC5 front toe issue after lowering.

The steering arms need to be at an angle. If they’re ‘level’ or ‘straight’ then you’ll get bump steer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Lewisgame

DC5 front toe issue after lowering.

Scrap the inverted ends. They’ll probably create more bump steer.
  15. Lewisgame

EP3 air con not working

No refrigerant/gas pressure in the system prevents from the compressor switching on. You’ll need to check if it’s lost it’s gas since being refilled which will confirm you have a leak.
Back