• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Lorna

1. Lorna

EP3 general track day advice for beginner

Hi Lewis, Thanks for your advice. I hit a nasty pothole recently so replaced with falkens on the front. May look into Bridgestones when I've worn these out. My front brake pads are probably going to be on the way out before I track day it again but I've just spent a small fortune to get it...
  2. Lorna

Wow that looks very boring. Thanks for your advice. I've just got mid range tyres on it at the moment and I think I may upgrade the front brakes when they need doing soon. And I do plan to be sensible! Unfortunately money is an object for me at the moment, I'm sure I'm not the first person...
  3. Lorna

EP3 EP3 steering rack doesn't self centre

Hi Ricki, the company is called ACS Power Steering. The mechanic who used them is happy to recommend them.
  4. Lorna

A mechanic who works at my garage and also has an ep3 exchanged his rack for a reconditioned one and waiting for him to find the name of the company so I'll let you know what he says.
  5. Lorna

OK thanks Mike, I've never heard of that before... Unsure as to why that is included, and seemingly given preference, in the title of a forum about track days in type Rs on a UK site :lol:
  6. Lorna

Hi everyone, I have a 100k mile EP3 that I want to use for track days, probably only a few times a year. I'm a bit clueless and have no "car friends" who do this sort of thing to ask for advice (currently going through a quarter-life crisis!). I've done a morning at Goodwood in it with no...
  7. Lorna

OK thanks. Mine is between about 8 and 5 :)
  8. Lorna

Lucky you! So its not necessarily normal for these cars then. I wonder why yours does and mine doesn't?!
  9. Lorna

Thank you Lewis. This is what I'm concerned about. If I replace the rack will it actually make enough difference to make it worth it. I'd like to do autosolos with the car but the steering is not ideal for it as it is. On the other hand I also want to track day it and it seems great for this so...
  10. Lorna

As in it's good or bad the same as mine? I have had the geometry checked and adjusted and that's all "in the green" on the printout sheet so I'm guessing that's not an issue. Thanks.
  11. Lorna

Thanks Marc. I've had the geometry set up done after hitting a massive pothole just after New Year so that's all good. Rack isn't knocking no, just feels a bit funny at centre and doesn't self centre well at all. Having the rack greased seemed to make no difference.
  12. Lorna

Thanks Ricki, this is what I've been thinking but I'm not sure how much difference it will make.
  13. Lorna

Hi everyone, I have a 2003 ep3 with approx 100,000 miles on it. I'd like to do autosolos in it but when I did my first one a couple of months ago I found it really difficult to get it round tight turns when going lock to lock. Perhaps I need to practise a bit more but I think the main reason...
Back