• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by LucasJ

1. L

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

Yeh we're a little cut off down here and the local garages almost encourage you to go to the main dealer as they don't seem interested. Thanks for your time.
  2. L

I've only noticed the squeal when its been very wet, i've had cars with a similar problem so your diagnosis of the belt sounds good! The vibration when engine braking is constantly there. I'm in Cornwall. Thanks again for your advice.
  3. L

Ok i'll get it checked out, that would explain why it only does it in the wet, would this cause a vibration? read a thread on another site and it suggested it could be clutch/gearbox bearings causing the noise? The bite feels fine and it goes into all gears smoothly. I'm reluctant to go to my...
  4. L

Thanks for that, where is this located and what does it do? (I have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever)
  5. L

Removing/replacing Ep3 expansion bottle

Hi all, Have just found that my expansion bottle on my face lift Ep3 has a small hole in it, have ordered a new one but it doesn't appear to be easy to remove. Just looking for some advice on what needs to be removed to get it out! Many thanks, Luke
  6. L

Hi all, please excuse me if i'm posting in the wrong section. I've had this vibration noise for a few months now and it seems to be getting worse, had all the heat shields checked and all seem to be sound, all fixed in placeand no corrosion.The noise is most notable when engine braking at low...
Back