• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Mark_FK8

1. Mark_FK8

FK8 Ltd Edition BBS Forged Alloys

The costs sounds about right compared to the 18" BBS forged alloys on the GR Yaris. They are £1600 each. They are nice but vastly overpriced compared to similar after market wheels.
  2. Mark_FK8

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It is a PITA, but one advantage is that as a distance buyer you have an automatic right to cancel/reject within 14 days.
  3. Mark_FK8

At what cost? £80k+ if the spec or existence of the 3JZ is true. There's nothing wrong with the B58 engine and gives 450 HP easily with stock hardware. If it does see the light of day, I'm not sure it'll ever make it to Europe.
  4. Mark_FK8

It was also wet, 6C and other tourist cars on the track, as oppose to an empty track in ideal conditions that Honda and Renault would have enjoyed to set their record lap times. Having said that, I'm pretty sure the Yaris couldn't match their times as the benefit of 4WD and compact dimensions...
  5. Mark_FK8

That vid is part of the best affordable driver's car article they ran in Autocar a couple of weeks ago. The result was: 1) Toyota GR Yaris (140 points) 2) Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (132 points) As already said - very different cars.
  6. Mark_FK8

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

The car only had 100 miles on it from what I remember. December is a good month to screw maximum discounts from dealers desperate to shift tin at the quietest time of the year and close to quarter end.
  7. Mark_FK8

EP3 FK8 Civic Type R Limited Edition Global Allocation

I'm not so sure Europe has been hard done by if you compare how many "normal" FK8s have sold compared to North America and Japan.
  8. Mark_FK8

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

Honda didn't seem to do anything about US dealers selling cars way over list to eager punters, so I doubt they care TBH. Honda UK might have different ideas, but I doubt they hold much sway unless an actual contractual agreement has been broken.
  9. Mark_FK8

What did you do to your Type R today?

Given Honda's tiny European sales, especially for the FK8, it makes me wonder if they will bother with a new Type R in Europe. Most of their sales come from the US and Asia Pac. If they do and it's even bigger than the FK8 I wouldn't buy one anyway no matter how good it was.
  10. Mark_FK8

Spot on! :D
  11. Mark_FK8

It's not me doing the willy waving :lol:
  12. Mark_FK8

It's not comparable for all sorts of reasons, not least being the Yaris lapping on a damp track in sub 10 C temperature whilst having to pass the usual tourist traffic. I suspect Honda and Renault had a closed track and optimum temperatures. The biggest reason though is due to the Toyota...
  13. Mark_FK8

I couldn't get a test drive due to Covid, but will get one before mine arrives. It was a case of order a couple of weeks ago to get one for March next year. I think the wait is now back to May 21 with most of the UK allocation gone.
  14. Mark_FK8

I traded my FK8 for an M140i about 2 years ago. I liked the FK8 a lot, but too big for my needs and a driveway originally made for the width of a horse drawn carriage. I know the GR is also wide, but a couple of inches less than the Civic. I couldn't afford one in my 20s either - in fact I had...
  15. Mark_FK8

It really isn't a Yaris apart from the name. It has a bespoke 3 door strengthened shell and every component apart from lights and mirrors are different. Unlike a standard 5 dr Yaris built in France the GR taked 10 times longer to build in Japan. As for the price, you get a lot of hardware for...
Back