• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by martin0183

1. M

MiKeY's Euro R CL7

So this is TDI North's 'project boosted barge'. It keeps popping up on my facebook feed, looks like it's going to be an epic motor & a bit different to the norm. Nice work!
  2. M

K Sport 6 piston brake kit FN2.

Anybody got one of these kits? If so how good are they? 8 speed in Blackburn are selling them & they're a bit cheaper than the stoptech option. Cheers, Martin.
  3. M

Hello guys, my first Japanese car (JDM EP3 Race car)

Awesome! Just goes to show how good a K20 is even without a blower bolted on.
  4. M

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Awesome car! I always assumed the performance of a standard FD2 would be similar to a flash pro'd FN2 i.e more mid range & a bit more peak power? I've always liked the champ white ones but the blue looks really good. I'd have to lose the chrome grille surround though, ideally for a mugen one!
  5. M

Flash Pro for FN2

This has probably been covered before but here goes anyway. I had a K100 fitted to my EP3 with a dyno tune by TDI North & it completely transformed the car, more mid range, lower VTEC & higher rev limit, etc, etc. It made roughly 20bhp & 30lb/ft over stock with no other mods. I was just...
  6. M

North West tuners

TDI North are the daddy of all aspects of Type R tuning and would agree with Loxy in that they are a cut above Awesome GTI. I went to them for a K100 & full dyno tune & it totally transformed my EP3, Paul West certainly knows what he's doing. They have recently extracted a reliable 650bhp from...
  7. M

My Latest Type R, an alabaster FN2 after three EP3s!

Cheers Loxy, took it to Blackpool Honda's bodyshop & the manager seemed to think it would cost a lot more than my excess to repair. They'd have to take the rear passenger window out as some paint has flaked off around it due to the dent. Might be worth talking to an independent though to get a...
  8. M

After a couple of weeks of ownership I think I am beginning to prefer it to the EP3, purely because it's performance is more accessible in the real world. I took my mate out in it the other day who owns a 57 reg Leon Cupra, he always used to bang on about turbos & torque but he was suitably...
  9. M

[/URL] My new FN2 GT, bit of a different drive to my previous EP3s. I love the car but I'm still trying to decide whether I love it more than the EP3 or not. Sometimes it feels easier to drive quickly but it can feel a bit lardy compared to the EP3 but I suppose that can be expected with the...
  10. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Will get some pics up as soon as it stops lashing it down, only had it 2 days & it's already filthy!
  11. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Picked the car up no problems, apart from the odd remnants of glue which come off with a bit of isopropanol the paint is in perfect condition. Thumbs up to Blackpool Honda, the service has been spot on. As a side note, I never thought I'd enjoy driving a car as much as my EP3, it might be my...
  12. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Picking the car up tomorrow, no reports from the dealership of any disasters but will give it a close inspection & keep you posted. Fingers crossed it'll be ok.
  13. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Thanks NYA, my Mrs went in to sign the paperwork tonight & she said all the guys on the service desk were trying to convince her to leave it on saying how good it looks. I think they're probably worried they will have to foot a big bill if there's some sort of nasty crime scene underneath. The...
  14. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Cheers Loxy, you're right in saying that nobody knows what lurks beneath until it's removed. Will have to see what the dealership says tomorrow, hopefully it'll be an easy job, I did read a few horror stories about the glue dissolving the paintwork!!
  15. M

Removing Carbon Wrap

Hi All, Just bought a 59 reg FN2 from a main Honda dealer. The previous owner has had the roof & wing mirrors carbon wrapped, it's not to my taste so I'm getting them to remove it before I pick it up. The salesman reckons it's an hour or so job & shouldn't damage the paint but he's going to...
Back