• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Mastodon2

1. Mastodon2

am i legal?

To most MOT testers, they would interpret your car with an unsilenced centre section and a Spoon N1 as to not meet the requirements of the test, rendering it "non-roadworthy". Whether the MOT tester would actually fail your car for this depends on the tester. You could leave it down to chance...
  2. Mastodon2

What make is this backbox...?

Looks like a custom job.
  3. Mastodon2

How loud is an unsilenced midpipe?

Unsilenced B pipe and OEM backbox is not very loud in the grand scheme of things. Lovely rorty tone though, but you will have to have your window down to really enjoy the sound, though I suppose you could say that for any exhaust - I have a straight through, fully unsilenced catback and I drive...
  4. Mastodon2

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

My EP3 with a straight through catback makes some pretty loud pops and bangs (including some muffled pops that sound like distant fireworks at every gearchange above 4500rpm) but no flames as far as I know.
  5. Mastodon2

Rear exhaust change back box

That custom twin exit looks propery smart!
  6. Mastodon2

Exhaust Sound

Unsilenced B pipe sounds good, a bit louder than your average car on the road at normal speeds, a nice rasp and a good motorbike-y tone on full throttle, VTEC sounds nice. Unsilenced B pipe and an unsilenced backbox is better though, you could probably get an unsilenced backbox and a Spoon N1...
  7. Mastodon2

Custom vs purpose built exhausts

Depends where you live, no point everyone plugging their local place, you need to tell us where you live (and it's not in your profile either) so someone can recommend somewhere near, if anyone has used one near you that is. I could tell you where to go and where not to go in Newcastle, but...
  8. Mastodon2

Custom vs purpose built exhausts

Purpose built, off the shelf: + reviews, you can research and find out what you are getting for your money + Tried and tested fit, quality and sound (or lack of!) + Hold their value when sold second hand + Some level of modularity, matching b pipes with various backboxes etc - Generally...
  9. Mastodon2

Advice on which exhaust

So which exhaust are you after then? Not sure who I'm giving my opinion to here! ;)
  10. Mastodon2

Advice on which exhaust

I'd definitely be going for the Skunk 2 or the Buddy Club, spend the extra and get some real quality. The Skunk 2 imo sounds excellent - it's pretty close to an unsilenced system, very similar to my custom system. They are fairly loud though! The Buddy Club Pro Spec is a sensible exhaust by BC...
  11. Mastodon2

Dark Ice Design Exhaust Silencer

It looks like it would work, not as well as a christmas-tree shaped baffle like the spoon one, you'd want it well screwed into to make sure it didn't fall out (but not so tight that is warps the exhaust where the screws meet the exhaust) and I don't think you'd get a "129db to 68db" drop like...
  12. Mastodon2

5zigen miracle fire ball

Looks like Touge EU have them http://eu.tougedistribution.com/item--5zigen-Miracle-Fireball-Muffler--H06-24R/ They are a pretty rare item, they do look and sound good but imo not £500 quids-worth "better" than any of the cheaper systems. I suppose you are paying a bit for the brand / rarity...
  13. Mastodon2

Exhaust guide

Tbh there aren't many "bad" sounding setups for the EP3, more a case of what your tastes are - some setups are definitely raspier and more aggressive, and how much volume you want. Personally I run a very raspy setup (unsilenced B pipe, unsure of make and a custom straight pipe "backbox", as...
  14. Mastodon2

Angled exhaust

Not sure what that is, looks like it could be custom but I've also seen a lot of Skylines and Supras with similarly huge exhausts. The backbox on that is massive, I'd imagine as far as "cannon" exhausts go it's probably quite quiet. It's a good look I think, but unless it was just an empty metal...
  15. Mastodon2

Angled exhaust

£200, about the going rate for a hand built backbox round these parts - the unsilenced B pipe was already on the car.
Back