• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by maximilian

1. maximilian

CTR EP3 - Dreaded idle hunting 1,500 - 2,000 - A thought?

OK... then it was a 5 point star. (It wasn't torx, I'm sure of that.) I think the tool is called TorxPlus. Nowhere stocks them though. Also correction: I am talking about the plastic sensor off the Idle Control valve itself.
  2. maximilian

CTR EP3 - Dreaded idle hunting 1,500 - 2,000 - A thought?

I have this problem. I have cleaned the throttle body out and replaced, and it was more or less fixed (a little fluctuation before settling on 900rpm). Then it got worse again. I could not get the plastic sensor off the body though; it has some rediculous screw head (like torx but with a six...
  3. maximilian

Leaking Roof

I have a leak on the EP3. Water is entering in the rear right side somewhere. After some good British rain, the roof lining fabric is all damp from the suit hanger handle down to the tailgate. There is also a load of water getting into the boot somehow and making all the fabric damp. I noticed...
  4. maximilian

Respray cash in hand.

I need a motorcycle fairing resprayed. Does anyone with some experience do that sort of stuff in their shed for cash in hand? In and around Colchester. No colour matching, paint flicking or masking required, just primer then jet gloss black on 10 seperate ABS panels. All the parts are off the...
  5. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

Wobble has returned, it is intermitant. I think I have found the culpret; about half a mill of play in NS track rod end. Only vertical play, but nothing else looks untoward. Any thoughts?
  6. maximilian

Car pulling to the left and right

Mine only goes 100% straight on specific roads, (eg. A3 between Hook Roundabout and New Malden). In my opinion the steering is not the best aspect of the CTR. I spent hundreds on 4 wheel lazer alignment at different places when I first got it. Still couldn't make it perfect. Just gotta live...
  7. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

^^ Interesting. However, the phanomanon seems to have dissapeared, Wheel no longer wobbles. And all I have done is straighten the track rod end, so the bolt is vertical, rather than a little off vertical as I left it after I inspected it. That change must have changed the toe by a matter...
  8. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

I'm pretty sure the brakes are OK. I have been gentle on them, there is no sqeaking anymore, no smells, no fluid loss, no juddering pedals. It is something else that has changed. I might take the front wheels off, and check to see if any of the hub studs are slightly bent or of the threads...
  9. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

Yeah, first 50 miles or so I made a concious effort to only brake lightly. I haven't done any sharp braking since.
  10. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

Standard everything. There is no play in the track rod ends etc, no movement of the wheels when jacked up no.
  11. maximilian

55 plate EP3 100K Service

If the heat shield is corroded, chances are the CAT is corroded too. And I beleive you have to take the CAT of to get at the mounting bolts for the heat shield. Thus it will be a bitch to get off, The two bolts to both the exhaust front and back section will likely be one big rusty mess, it...
  12. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

I should probably check tyre pressures.
  13. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

The steering on my CTR has never been perfect, but I learn't to live with it pulling right slightly on some roads (despite several attempts to correct it with lazer alignment etc). Here's the thing; Yesterday I replaced the front pads, and fluid all round. Only for some strange reason I forgot...
  14. maximilian

Air Con problems

Mine does that, it only started making the noise recently. I put it down to not being regassed for over 3 years.
  15. maximilian

EP3 front brakes

I had them on my old clio with brembo disks and they were loud.
Back