• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by micktyper

1. micktyper

Car-jacked/ Stolen from Whalley Range, Manchester

I just want to hear about how things turned out with the theft! How far did the car get before it was found ? etc etc.
  2. micktyper

Car security?

The disk lock will be the "visual deterant" that could possibly make all the difference between you being or NOT being a statistic. Just talk to a couple of Clifford dealers and ask about Anti Car Jacking devices !!!!! I've stuck a couple on mine but then again, I'm paranoid now having had the...
  3. micktyper

Car security?

I trusted Motorguard to instal my "extra security measure" having had my CTR pinched..... I feel a lot safer with it too ! I still think that if I'd have had a disklok on, the theives would have tried somewhere else that night.
  4. micktyper

type r jacket

mmmmm. I have the Type R Jacket....I believe Honda completely sold out of the present black one. As a matter of interest, there was one being sold on E bay last week, brand new--loads of bids and fetched over £60 !!! plus postage!! mmm. Collectors item.???-----------Well iits better than...
  5. micktyper

An "R" in the address bar

yep, yep...nice one ! :D
  6. micktyper

Project restoration - getting there!

Sooo sorry to hear of the news.... but sooooo glad you posted all the details.
  7. micktyper

Why dont i have this?

Getting back to the 1st Q. Yep AIR CON and we'll be lovin it in a couple of months time !!!
  8. micktyper

Fitting a replica Pre-facelift Mugen grill to a facelift CTR

Well done Alex. Superb piccies, A1 How To Article.
  9. micktyper

Starter motor noise

Mmmmmmmm Theres been LOTS of talk about that too. Everything from poly bag stuck on exhaust to a dead cat !!!!! Seriously - How many drivers are noticing this rubbery/chemical type smell -often coming out from rear wheel arch -depending on the direction of the breeze when you get out. Now...
  10. micktyper

Starter motor noise

Thanks for the number. WE REALLY SHOULD RING TO LOG IT. If a problem is found in the future that relates to this noise, then we'll have something to back with. I'm ringing tomorrow....... Anyone else ??? ..... Think I'll tell them about the weird burning smell that peeps are noticing...
  11. micktyper

Vibrating sound from engine when starting..

Well, there's been quite a discussion regarding this (elsewhere). It happens to mine on very cold mornings. The general thought and comments from Honda is that the oil doesn't lift quickly to the top of the engine (theres enough still there to do the job for a second or two)and its that relative...
Back