• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by MikeCTR

1. MikeCTR

Engine management light on, self diagnosis.

Has anyone actually tried this without blowing fuses? Looking on other sites (mainly US), they say connect pins 5 and 9, not 4 and 9. Cheers Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
  2. MikeCTR

Lower ball joint replacement. EP3

IMO superpro bushes are superior than energy. Caster increase will give you more feel through the front wheels. Don't think they effect tyre wear (haven't noticed any difference). They are around £100+.
  3. MikeCTR

Superpro are a different company to energy. Search for caster increase bushes. You will need a press for the front bush, a garage will do it for a few quid.
  4. MikeCTR

Yeah and upgrade to superpro bushes
  5. MikeCTR

Goodyear EagleF1 AS2 vs Brigestone Potenza RE050A

Found goodyear's to have a soft sidewall. I couldnt wait to get them off, just too spongy. Never used bridgestone but currently on yoko advan v105 and find they are about the same on grip as the goodyear's but stiffer sidewall.
  6. MikeCTR

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

55 plate premier, just hit 70k
  7. MikeCTR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Is it me or is that an ep3 front grill?
  8. MikeCTR

Not enough camber?

I just fitted buddyclub rca's and superpro caster bushes, took my car for geo and now cant get enough camber on the front left? It decreases to -0.45degrees but wont go any further. When adjusted more it goes back the other way (more positive)? What could be the problem, the right side seems...
  9. MikeCTR

My Quote

Renewed mine a few weeks ago. Renewal was £830 with sky, phoned round all the top insurers and got back to sky then they gave me a quote of £520 all mods declared! Im 27, driving 9 years, 6 years ncb.
  10. MikeCTR

Best set of lowering springs

I've got teins good ride quality but theres a bit too much arch gap on the rear, fronts ok though (on 215/40/17). Wish I would have bought abp eibachs :(
  11. MikeCTR

Polybush or Superpro

I finally fitted superpro caster bushes and buddyclub ball joints and there soo much better than oem, front end feels a lot tighter with much more feedback (only bought the front bushes). I did bit by bit over a few days (took my time). The biggest problems were rusted/seized nuts/bolts and...
  12. MikeCTR

So my first Honda Civic Type R EP3 :)

Dont buy sh*t from euro car parts, get genuine mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251221639264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  13. MikeCTR

Which dual action polisher to go for?

TBHmate its my first polisher, I haven't used any other pads so can't compare. I was really please with the results found it easy to use. I bought the sonus pads as there 4 different grades so thought it would give a better finish (tbh I know bugger all about polishing!). Just saying DA polisher...
  14. MikeCTR

knocking on the front going over bumps in road

I replace both front and back with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-2-0-TYPE-R-EP3-FRONT-STABILISER-LINKS-01-06-/150632114942?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23125faafe. Soo much bigger than oem :)
  15. MikeCTR

Which dual action polisher to go for?

I've bought this polisher but with sonus pads. Top quality , pricey but worth it :smt023
Back