• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by minor_Legend

1. minor_Legend

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

That looks awesome. I'm liking everything you've fitted so far.
  2. minor_Legend

Bought an EP3 facelift

Nice looker and unusual & refreshing to hear of an owner doing away with mods. My own Milano Red EP3 is about preservation rather than tuning.
  3. minor_Legend

04' Satin Silver EP3 - My First Honda

Nice going so far. I got my EP3 around the same time as you. I've not done anything like the amount of stuff as you have. Still tidying up odds & sods.
  4. minor_Legend

Audio advice

Yeah, you have quoted me as saying decent aftermarket speakers - by which I would refer to 2/3way design, large magnets, quality cone construction & leading brand name from the likes of Alpine. Pioneer, JL etc (polk, rainbow if you have deep pockets) For reference my EK had factory paper coned...
  5. minor_Legend

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

Main issues arrive when stopping hard from higher speeds & not releasing the brakes trapping heat in the disc/pad contact area. Scrub em in on the roads for a week then go!
  6. minor_Legend

My JDM Civic EP3 Type R.

Nice. Total thumbs-up for your plans going forward. I'm doing the same with my UK car.
  7. minor_Legend

How restrictive is the OEM backbox?

I removed an aftermarket tailpipe (cobra) for a genuine Honda OEM item & definetely noticed a loss in power up past 7k rpm. Probably a good few bhp if you can feel it.
  8. minor_Legend

Lowering springs - yay or nay?

My EP3 came on Tein springs with what must be a 30/40mm drop. It's not slammed which is a look I hate. It rides quite nicely over bumps etc, not sure on the dampers as they are just stock looking, though I have the original struts from the car. What I'm saying is, I find the OEM springs look a...
  9. minor_Legend

Firewall access/grommet into cabin - Amp wiring

Wheres best on my EP3 to run the stereo +ve cable into the cabin? Nothing seems obvious & I'm not the sort to bodge before getting it right. Any pics would be handy. Thanks
  10. minor_Legend

Audio advice

Whilst all the above regarding amps is true, there's no reason why a modern head unit & aftermarket speakers can't be great on their own. The poor sound quality is due to the door itself & the general tinnyness of its construction. Invest in some dynamat sound deadening & properly applied...
  11. minor_Legend

Improved handling modifications advice

Just to add regarding the tyres. My EP3 had some naff tyres when I bought it. I had to replace the fronts as a matter of urgency so fitted some Rainsport 3's. Whilst putting up with the rears I was convinced the car had knackered bushes, dampers & even a noisy wheel bearing at the rear. It...
  12. minor_Legend

2002 Milano Red EP3 - showing her some Love.

Drying off after a clean.
  13. minor_Legend

2002 Milano Red EP3 - showing her some Love.

Long time - no update. Seems like ages ago I stripped out the factory headunit & associated dash plastics. I proceeded to give the fascia a rub down & repaint in std looking silver ( I couldn't decide on what theme or product to use if I wanted to carbon wrap or whatever) Handle inserts...
  14. minor_Legend

EP3 Buying Ep3

Nice one, enjoy! Mines down 40mm, just gives the lightest of scrapes entering my drive, seems OK on any speedhumps.
  15. minor_Legend

FN2 FN2 Type R - Silver or Black

Yeah but Red?
Back