• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by moltenice

1. moltenice

Copper sump plug?

Its a copper crush washer mate, its sorta hollow in the middle and when you tighten the plug onto the sump, the washer crushes to the desired shape .
  2. moltenice

TGM ep3 BBK worth the money?

Dc5 brakes can be mince if you use cheap parts, i always used standar brembo discs and pads and thought they were great , but im swappping to mtec grooved discs, ferodo ds performance pads , hel lines and ate super blue fluid
  3. moltenice

'Trust' catback exhaust

Im sure Trust is part of the GReddy family, see if you can find a GReddy part that matches it mate.
  4. moltenice

There not budget as such and i do see what you mean , but unless the car is getting thrashed lap after lap on track, you could save yourself over £500 going with the DC5 setup, I looked into the buddyclub kit and spoon calipers for my DC5, the car is a daily and gets driven fast on b roads at...
  5. moltenice

If its brakes on a budget, why not get a set of the DC5 brembo`s and s2k grooved discs, decent pads and your well cheaper than any of the other kits?
  6. moltenice

Spongy brakes after rear calipers off

Depends on what fluid you use, but if the car is driven hard then every year would be good, i think normal fluid from honda is rated for about 3 years . It should make a fair difference , the dc5 brakes arent to bad to start with, but uprated pads and discs should help !
  7. moltenice

any one use MILLERS CFS NT NANODRIVE?????

Although your in depth post there has clearly clarified the differences between low and high quality oil. If its pish then why is there such a market for Fuchs titan pro at £50+ for 5litres and not the stuff for £3-5 for 5 litres from any parts retailer with less adatives and so on? Same with...
  8. moltenice

chances are its just air mate, will do it good at the front if you havent had your fluid changed in a good while! Mines due in this weekend for braided lines/pads/discs and better fluid this saturday!
  9. moltenice

DC5 armrest in a EP3

Do you mean the RSX armrest? I have a DC5 and they dont come with arm rests....
  10. moltenice

Sounds like air mate, If you didnt `crimp` the hoses when you took the callipers off, you can end up with air right back up at the ABS pump, if this is the case then you would need to do all 4 corners to eliminate the bubbles, as the long pedal travel is you compressing the air before the...
  11. moltenice

any one use MILLERS CFS NT NANODRIVE?????

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with this , there is a MASSIVE difference between brands of 5w40 , the way the oil is produced and the additives that are included vary wildly , Nanodrive is rumored to contain tiny tiny tiny titanium particles , helping `lubricate` the bearings and other rotating...
  12. moltenice

is this '40mpg+' ECU chip worth it?

Its just a potentiometer , it changes your signal from the MAP/MASS to alter what the ECU sees ,therefore tricking it into putting in more or less fuel. There is a very good reason a k100/kpro and dyno time from an expert cost allot of money. If you want to waste £75, bulk buy hellium and...
  13. moltenice

Are EDM EP3 diffs worth anything?

Personnaly i cant see these being worth anything , unless you know someone who has somehow broken there standard open diff, i would fire it on Ebay with 99p start, and if it goes for more than £20 then be happy....
  14. moltenice

Avid engine mounts

if the earth strap is long enough i would just bolt it to another part of the chassis, if not i would just ask someone to make a longer one for you.
  15. moltenice

Avid engine mounts

What sort of advice would you need? Does the earth strap no longer fit?
Back