• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Montana

1. Montana

2008 Honda Civic FN2 Type R

Boot leak sorted, trim refitted along with a wash Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr
  2. Montana

*boot leak resolved* Bought a replacement 30mm grommet from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DC84H2J/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Fitted, it weeped as before Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Sealed with the help of some carafax i had lying around did the trick...
  3. Montana

Cheers wilmo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Montana

Good point , may well resort to that. Was planning on using silicone on the new part anyway. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Montana

Located the source of the boot leak, the little rubber grommet seen here Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Seems to be getting in with water around the rear light/bumper Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Pushed it to check fit and it popped off and disappeared, dont fancy pulling the rear...
  6. Montana

Lost a H7 dipped beam bulb Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Went for the finest £5.99 worth of Eurolec replacements Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr replaced drivers side Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr replaced both sides Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr As you can see no...
  7. Montana

FN2 Replacing shocks and springs

Definitely replace both fronts (i had the same and Honda tried telling me i can just replace one side - ok then!)
  8. Montana

fn2 sportex

My progress is documented here (post #33) https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105697-2008-Honda-Civic-FN2-Type-R&p=1408198#post1408198
  9. Montana

B-pipe replacement - attempt 2 Managed to remove the top nut with a 6 sided socket hammered on Bottom nut removed with the help of a 13mm bolt extractor Remaining nut was too rounded so began cutting the nut to weaken it, ran out of time and needed to order a 11/12mm bolt extractor Untitled by...
  10. Montana

fn2 sportex

Hi, They are a stud & nut arrangement on the B-pipe to cat join. I am currently battling to remove mine, i recommend a 6 sided 13mm socket and a set of bolt extractors on hand as 2/3 of mine rounded. Drive the sockets on with a hammer to ensure the best chance of a clean nut removal. The...
  11. Montana

mixing oil...?

It will be fine until you next do a full change. The level is more important than the mixing of oil/potential different grades (in the short term). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Montana

thanks, did you not damage the stud?
  13. Montana

Did you drill or dremel/hacksaw? You can see on the last image the hanger is in the way regardless of which tool used , not sure if EP3 is that same. Combined with the fact the studs need to remain intact , I don’t fancy having to replace those as it will involve removing the cat I think...
  14. Montana

B-pipe replacement was halted at the weekend due to rounded cat to B-pipe nuts; Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr need to get it on a ramp to give me more access and tackle them again (armed with Irwin bolt extractors, dremel and a blow torch) any tips...
  15. Montana

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Nice car, will be following Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back