• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by nobby sideways

1. nobby sideways

EP3 Mmmmm jerky

I've just been out in a car with lower mileage than mine and its the same. I suspect I'm trying to put a luxury car standard on a stiffly sprung car and wondering why it doesn't make the grade... Thanks all
  2. nobby sideways

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

I don't know if I dare say... It's a Volvo estate for my old man hobbies.
  3. nobby sideways

Bearing in mind how many people seem to swap the FN2 for fast Audis I seem to be getting a lot of offers to part-ex Audi S3s and such! Still no interest so I've dropped the price a little, which is a shame as she is now proving to be a real charmer. I'm starting to fall back in love as I learn...
  4. nobby sideways

No it's on eBay at the moment, had a nice level of bubbling interest but not enough to get it sold yet. I'll drop the price every now and then until it sells. I'm not in a screaming rush. I think it's fairly priced but it's so subjective because some people place more or less importance on the...
  5. nobby sideways

I think my time with this car is up, I was hoping for a modern version of an 80's hot hatch but its just too capable to be entertaining. I'm old, I like my action at lower speeds. As a result it's now for sale on a popular auction site. Just like me to buy something, spend a lot of money on it...
  6. nobby sideways

FN2 Aftermarket sunroof

From ten years ago?
  7. nobby sideways

EP3 Mmmmm jerky

It's not so much when cold, it can be any time, but its mainly at small throttle openings. As you say it could just be a charateristic of the car, but I've only ever tried mine.
  8. nobby sideways

EP3 Mmmmm jerky

I'm still thinking I've got sloppy engine mounts. I might try fitting the inserts before going the whole hog, they ain't cheap. I may start by just stiffening up the ones I can get to, the others look like a sod and I don't want to make work for myself.
  9. nobby sideways

FN2 Possible over heating issues

So the actual issue is you have condensation on the outside of the window, sometimes, but not all the time? Sounds like a write off to me. For the love of God stop over worrying.
  10. nobby sideways

FN2 Nürburgring Bridge to Gantry FN2

I don't suppose you know Nige Pinder do you? He does a lot of the Destination Nurburgring track days, I see him now and again. Drives a very rapid mk2 golf with a lot of aero.
  11. nobby sideways

FN2 Inner CV joint shot at 60k miles?

I think they do love driveshafts. I think you can get uprated ones.
  12. nobby sideways

FN2 Fn2 brake discs, made flat or not??

Whats more likely is that they don't seat fully until the wheelnuts are done up tight. You might be over worrying. Wait until they have bedded in and see what they are like.
  13. nobby sideways

FN2 Nürburgring Bridge to Gantry FN2

I always wear a helmet on my own, but if I take a passenger who can't get hold of one I don't wear one either. If our heads hit each other during an accident the one not wearing a helmet is going to get proper screwed up... As you say, on track days its mandatory.
  14. nobby sideways

FN2 I broke my FN2 today :(

Not many engines will survive a miss-gear like that.
  15. nobby sideways

FN2 Most cost effective VTEC Cut-in technique

Bearing in mind its probably the only thing I would change, whats the most cost effective way of lowering the VTEC cut-in RPM? Used Hondata from ebay or similar? I don't need full mapping, just would like to be able to change the very basic parameters. The car is otherwise standard and will...
Back